Chapter 14

Cole met Anne at her house so they could walk together that morning and share the new if last night. "She was asking about you!" Said Anne excitedly. "Really? Did she seem interested in me?" Cole said happily yet concerned. "I think so! Maybe in the kissing game tonight you guys can kiss again!" Said Anne. "What kissing game are you talking about Anne? Asked jerry appearing  out of nowhere. "One at school." Cole replied. "Really! Can I come!" Questioned Jerry excitedly. "Jerry you know you have work." Said Anne reminding him. "That's the thing last night before your dinner party my parents gathered up enough money for me to go to school, so I talked to Matthew and he said I could go to school and work when I get home! I didn't know what day to start but today will be fine. I already have the supplies!" Said jerry running into the barn to grab his stuff. "Anne, can you leave a note for Matthew for me?" Asked jerry. "Of course! It will be so wonderful to have you in class!" Anne replied. All three of them were walking to school when they saw Adeline and Gilbert walking together. "Wow, that girl is beautiful. Who is she?" Jerry Asked. "That's Adeline." Said Anne slightly jealous. "Adeline, Gilbert, over here!" Shouted Cole hoping to talk to Adeline. "Hello everyone!" Said Adeline happily. "Jerry, are you going to school with us?" Questioned Gilbert. "Yes, I am!" Replied jerry very enthusiastically. "It will be a pleasure having you in class with us." Said Adeline sweetly. "Thank you." Said jerry smitten.  When they got to school jerry needed a little help so it was Adeline and Gilberts job to help him. They of course were the smartest kids in the class. At lunch Josie invited Jerry to the kissing game. After all jerry wasn't the only one smitten.