Chapter 21

Gilbert ran to school today knowing he had to do anything in his power to make sure Adeline was okay. They might not be dating but the still are good friends. Gilbert got to the group with Anne, Diana, Jerry, and Cole. He called over Josie because even though she tormented the group she still cared about Adeline. Gilbert told the story of what happened when he went over to Adeline's house. "So, if we don't go she won't come back to school?" Diana asked concerned. "Most likely." Gilbert replied. "Who do you think should go first?" Asked Josie. "I was thinking that Diana and Cole should come with me today." Gilbert said but also in a manner of asking Cole and Diana. "I'll do it." Said Cole determined  to go help her. "So will I." Said Diana. "Well, when do I get to go?" Questioned Josie. "On Tuesday (today) it will be Diana and Cole, on Wednesday it's Josie, on Thursday it's Anne and Jerry, on Friday Diana, and on Monday Cole. But I will be going on each of these days also." Gilbert answered. "That's not fair! I want to see her more!" Said Josie angrily. "Fine you can go again with Anne and Jerry." Said Gilbert relenting.   "Why?" Whined Anne. "I know why." Said Cole. " Jerry is new and you two don't get along very well, so Gilbert wants one of Adeline's good friends (Josie) to go." Finished Cole. "Yes, that does sound right." Added Diana. "Fine if you really think that." Said Anne. They all finished school without the top student in the class. Anne took over the role of Adeline. It's actually nice without having her here. Maybe I could stop her from coming back. I should keep back Diana. Anne thoughts were devilish. If anyone of the group her them she would be exiled by now. "Diana, I saw you were struggling in class. Do you want to come to green gables with me and study together?" Anne asked trying to hide a smirk. "I was just off because Adeline wasn't here. I'm just so worried about her. I have to go see her but thanks for the offer." Replied Diana rushing off to go meet with Cole and gilbert. Did she just really pick Adeline over me? I thought we were kindred spirits. Adeline is going down. Anne was in disbelief as she watched Diana walk away from her.