Chapter 8

Anne was desperate for Gilbert and Adeline to break apart. Wait, she could tell Ruby about this! Anne started to walk home a little more joyful then before. Merilla could notice Anne's happier mood. "Have a good day at school anne?" "Yes Merilla! It was wonderful!" She replied enthusiastically. They all sat down for dinner. Anne was so grateful for her family words could not express her happiness. She can now explore the world with supportive guardians. Anne's life just kept getting better and better. I wish I could say the same for Adeline. Her brother left today, the only person that understood and listened her feelings was gone. She felt stranded and empty inside. She was lost without guidance but throughout this misery she couldn't help thinking of Gilbert. It's like he wants to make people hate me. But how could I possibly hate him. I mean he's perfect! No matter what happens he can always make me smile. Happiness can always find itself inside of me if Gilbert is there to- "ADELINE!" Screamed her father. "Get down here now, we have a surprise!" A surprise? Why does father sound so happy? He hasn't sounded like this...ever. As she walked down the ladder from her loft/room the thoughts rushed through her. "Honey, you're father and I are having a child!" Said her mother happily. "Adeline isn't this just wonderful?" Her father said in such an enthusiastic manner that her mother couldn't help but stare at her father with tears of joy almost starting to stream down her face. " A-A child? Oh what wonderful news!" Adeline said with a smile breaking out. The whole family spent the night together picking out baby names, guessing the gender, and making plans for the family when the baby comes. Their family hasn't ever been this happy together. Adeline was finally having a family moment and have the feeling of a loving family. Both Anne and Adeline were happy but what Anne was about to do might ruin Adeline's happiness. But we will save that for morning. For tonight is going to favor both of the girls happiness.