Chapter five

The game started to begin. Everyone was nervous, Adeline most of all. Anne was still raging with fury. I bet people want to kiss her too. Great another way she's better than me. Anne started to panic to herself. Even Gilbert joined in on the game! "Since you're the new student you should spin first Adeline." Josie said. "Ummm okay." Adeline responded. This is it Adeline! Be brave, be strong, be okay with this whole thing. What am I going to do I don't want to do this I just want to fit in! Adeline spun the bottle, it started to slow down it got slower, slower, and slower. Until it stopped on...GILBERT! They both stood up. "What am I supposed to do now?" Adeline said with a slight more squeaky voice. "I am going to kiss you now." Gilbert said. "Ummm ok then." Adeline said with curiosity and regret in her voice. Then it happened Gilbert kissed her! Now both of their eyes were gleaming. It was an unbreakable gaze. Then Anne shouted, "Now it's my turn!" Anne had to get Gilbert away from Adeline. But right after Anne said that Gilbert said something else. "Do you mind if I walked home with you Adeline?" " I wouldn't mind at all." Then the game went on and on. After it ended everyone started to leave. Anne and Diana started talking. "How could he just kiss her? What does he see in her? Why is she so smart and beautiful?" Anne started to ask Diana. "Well she is a very kind person. She is a very bright girl. She would be a great friend if you gave her a chance." Diana replied. "That does not help!" Anne retorted. Anne finally got home and ate dinner. "How was school today Anne" Merilla asked. "It was fine. No adventures." They sat the rest of dinner quiet. Anne washed up and went straight to bed.