Chapter 1

"Now boarding: flight from Dallas to Los Angeles."

As soon as I heard the announcer, I jumped out of my seat and boarded the plane. I've been waiting for years to move out of Texas and start a life for myself.

Don't get me wrong, I love Texas and having all of my family and friends around me, but I desperately need to start fresh.

I found a window seat and quickly snatched it, scrolling through my phone blasting 5 Seconds of Summer's new album. I close my eyes as I feel the plane take off. I've never been a fan of flying. I quickly text my mom letting her know I've boarded the plane before switching my phone to airplane mode. 

I open my eyes about an hour later and look to see a boy around my age sitting next to me, who must I say is pretty attractive. I see him look over at me, probably felt me staring at him. To seem less creepy, I figure I should introduce myself. 

"Hello, I'm Taylor," He flashes me a smile and reaches his hand over to shake mine.

"James. Do you live in LA?" I pause my music to make it easier to converse.

"I do now. I'm moving there today." I say with a nervous look on my face that he easily caught on to. 

"Do you know anyone there?"

"No I'm just ready for a fresh start," He smiles knowingly and grabs my phone out of my hand.

"Well, now you know someone. Call me if you want to get dinner or need help moving." He quickly puts his number in my phone as I try not to blush. I smile up at him before noticing people starting to exit the plane. How did that go by so quickly?

"I hope to see you soon," James says with a wink before walking off. I smile to myself and make my way to my apartment.

I think I love LA already.

~~~

I know this chapter is short but I just needed a way to get her to LA!! THEY GET A LOT LONGER I PROMISE. I hope y'all enjoyed. Feel free to leave suggestions down below!!