Chapter 17

The party's been going on for about an hour now, and I'm about 5 shots in. I'm to the point where I don't really know what's going on anymore.

I went through a party phase in high school, like a lot of people do. Luckily, I didn't get too crazy, just crazy enough to get grounded a couple times.

"Taylor! Come play beer pong with me," Scotty wraps his arm around my shoulder, bringing me over to the beer pong set-up.

"Have you played before?" Todd asks, who I see we're playing against, along with Alex.
"I mean like once or twice in high school," I smirk. I may have exaggerated how little experience I have. I was known as the beer pong champion back in high school. I just hope I still have my abilities.

Todd makes his first one, causing me to chug the beer. However, I throw mine back and he has to do the same.
The game continues and a crowd forms, seeing as how neither team has missed a cup.

Todd goes to shoot another and misses and I smirk. This is my chance.
I throw it, and it goes in, causing the crowd around to cheer.
After that, Todd and Alex end up doing horribly, and Scott and I smoke them. Random people came up to me, high-fiving me, seeing as how I just smoked these guys in beer pong.

"You lied to me," Todd slurs his words as he comes up to me.

"Maybe a little," I wink and walk away. Suddenly, I think of David and realized he was here.

I go into the backyard, and see David sitting off to the side on his computer.

He doesn't see me coming, so when I spoke he jumped. "What the fuck are you doing out here," I say a little louder than I meant to. The alcohol has completely taken effect.

"I'm just working on my vlog for tomorrow," He says.

"There's a party in there and you choose to sit out here all alone editing a vlog?" I ask baffled.
"I don't have to be alone," He says half-jokingly. I roll my eyes and sit down next to him.
"You're crazy Dobrik,"

"Crazy for you," I think I hear him whisper, but with the amount of alcohol in my system, he could've easily said something about elephants.

"Come in and party," I whine.
"Just let me finish this and I will," He says going back to moving video clips around.

"David,"
"Taylor?"

And with that I grabbed his face, smashing my lips onto his. I feel him pull away and I pout.
"I thought that's what you wanted," I say.

"I do. But one, you're beyond drunk, I don't want to take advantage of you. And two, you just got out of a shitty relationship. You need time," He says calmly. Why does he have to be right?

"Well. At least come in with me," I say and he sighs before putting his laptop in his backpack.

"I'm going to throw my backpack in one of the guy's rooms," He says.
"Ooh, I want to come! Let me just grab a drink," I say as I lean over to the drink table and grab 2 shots.
"Oh no I don't want one," He says and I laugh.
"They're both for me silly," I say and down them both.

"Okay one more," I say again and David grabs my hand.
"Oh no you're done for the night," He says and I pout, following him to the back of the house.
"Hey David," I start before everything goes black.

**

"Ugh," I groan once I wake up. I notice I'm in a different bed and instantly get nervous. This isn't mine or David's bed.

I roll over and see David laying next to me fully clothed, and feel relieved.

He opens his brown eyes and instantly smiles.
"Good morning," He says with his morning voice. It's so raspy and low.

"What happened last night?" I ask rubbing my temples.
"Well. You took I don't even know how many shots, and then came in here to sleep," he says. I remember everything about last night, and I was just seeing if he would mention the kiss.

"Let's go get some food and medicine," He says and I follow him. I look down and realize I'm wearing his sweatshirt and a pair of athletic shorts.
"Oh. You insisted on stripping down to your bra and underwear last night, and I figured you'd want something more comfortable to sleep in. The shorts are Kristen's," He says and I nod.

"Thanks," I say shyly.

We walk into the kitchen of what I now know is Scott and Todd's house and see the two of them sitting at the kitchen table with their head in their hands. Kristen is at the stove, scrambling up some eggs.

"Good morning!" She says enthusiastically, and Todd, Scott and I groan at the same time, causing David and her to laugh.

I take a seat next to Scott and Todd, and David places painkillers in front of me.
"You're a blessing," I mumble before swallowing them down, instantly feeling better.
"Here guys have some eggs," Kristen dumps them onto our plates, and I smile graciously at her.

"Thanks, Kristen. For the shorts too," I say, digging into the eggs.
"Anytime," She says, joining us at the table.

While I ate, I started going through my comments on my last Instagram post. All of a sudden, I drop my fork and my face goes white.
"Taylor, what's wrong?" David asks, putting his hand on my back. I could feel the nervous stares of everyone else, as I shakily hand the phone to David.

Jamescleaver: you look good.

"That bastard," David says quietly, handing the phone to everyone else. Thankfully, they all know what happened with him, so we didn't have to explain what was going on.

"I'm not letting you back at your apartment alone now," David says. I stare at him, and I see him sigh.
"Heath told me you broke down when you were there alone. Between that and this bastard still reaching out, you're not ready," He finishes and I curse at Heath under my breath. I didn't want David to know for the reason of him getting overprotective with it.

"Okay," I say and stand up.
"Where are you going?" He asks, doing the same.
"The gym," I say, quickly giving him a hug and leaving.
I wasn't mad at David, I had absolutely no right to be. He was doing everything he could to protect me and make sure I'm okay. I'm just frustrated with everything going on. If it weren't for James, I could possibly be in a happy relationship with David and not be afraid of my own apartment.
I did go back to my apartment to change but made it the quickest it could possibly be. I'm ready to have my life back.

Jamescleaver, heathhussar and 14,392 others liked this

Workin off this hangover

User1: ABS

vanilladingdong: we should workout together fellow beer pong champ

User2: Beer pong?

User3: Can i be you

Jamescleaver: i miss that body

~~

James just can't go away. He's kind of annoying.
Also THANKS FOR 500 READS!!!

I didn't think i'd get 50 lol.

Thank you all so much you're amazing