Chapter 13

The next morning I wake up to an arm snaked around my body. I look over to see James still asleep and pry myself out of his grip to make breakfast. I quickly scramble some eggs, fix bacon, toast and brew coffee.

As soon as I'm placing it all on the table, James walks in with a smile.
"I wouldn't mind waking up to this," He greets me with a kiss before we sit down at the table.

"What are your plans for today?" I ask as I bite in my toast. He pulls out his phone and looks at his calendar.
"I have some meetings going for most of the day. What about you?"

"David asked me to help film some videos for him,"

"Who's David?" I see him grow a little frustrated.

"My friend that I told you about."
"I don't want you hanging out with him," He says eerily calm.

"Why?"
"You don't need to be hanging out with anyone but me," I chuckle thinking he's joking. However, when I look up and see him glaring at me, I know he's serious.
"You can't be serious,"
"I'm your boyfriend right?" He asks as I nod.
"I'm all you need," He finishes.

"So you're saying because I'm dating you, I can't have friends," I try to understand what he's trying to say.

"Exactly,"

"And what would you even do about it?," I say getting mad.

"Oh baby, you don't want to know," He turns sinister.
"Get out of my apartment," I say looking down at the food that's still sitting on my plate.

"No," He says causing me to look up.
"Get the fuck out of my house. You have no right telling me who I can and can't hang out with," I grow a little bit of confidence, that quickly vanishes as he stands up and sends his plate flying across the kitchen, breaking into a thousand different pieces. I shrink back in my seat scared to move. He starts making his way over to me as there's a knock on my door. Saved by the freaking bell.
Before I can run over to the door, he grabs me by my throat and puts his face right in front of mine.

"You better not say a fucking word or I swear to god you will regret it," I nod quickly, before fixing my shirt and heading to the door. There stood a concerned looking Zane.

"Hey is everything okay? I heard what sounded like plates breaking," I see Zane shift his eyes between me and James, who has appeared behind me, snaking his arm around my waist making me stiffen. 

"Oh yeah, everything's fine right Taylor?" James says tightening his grip on me.

"Yeah, I was just doing dishes and dropped the dish by accident," I stutter, giving Zane a tight-lipped smile. Zane hesitates, but believes it and goes back to his apartment.

Just as the door closes, James has my pushed up against the door, trapping me in.
"We need to talk," He grabs my wrist and leads me to the couch, pushing me into it.
"Why did you even ask me out if you obviously don't care about me," I say through tears. James is standing in front of me, and that caused him to laugh.
"Oh, naive little Taylor. I never liked you. I saw that you had potential in becoming a model and could help my career. That's why I sent your information to Calvin Klein, one of the biggest companies out there for models. I knew You'd quickly gain a following, and having us dating would just help skyrocket my career," He says as if I should know.

"You're a dick," I spit out at him.
"Maybe so. But you're not going to break up with me," He says confidently.
"Oh, and why do you say that?" I throw back sarcastically, ready to break up with him right away.

"You're too scared," I raise an eyebrow waiting for him to continue.
"You see, I have some pretty powerful contacts all over the world. Some that could physically hurt you, and some that could hurt your career, or should I say end it. If you break up with me, I'll be sure the whole world knows that you were just using me to get a career and cheated on me with another guy," He states simply. It's obvious he's thought this through.

"Plus I could hurt your little friends as well if I need to. It's pretty easy. Their entire life is on the internet, I know everything about them including where they live," He finishes.

"You're scared of me just admit it," 

"No, fuck you I'm not scared," I say confidently, just not as confidently as he has been.

Before I can blink, a fist has connected with my face. As I open my eyes, his face is right in front of mine, inspecting my facial expression.
"Yeah, you're scared," That fucking bastard just punched me in the face. I touch my face and feel a little bit of blood on my face.

"So what I just have to pretend to be your girlfriend?"

"Well yeah. Post pictures of us every day, talk about me to your stupid friends that I know for sure you're still going to hang out with and go on dates out in public a couple days a week,"
"Oh so now you're fine with me hanging out with my friends?" I snort.
"Yeah because it'll just make it easier for people to believe that you cheated on me," I roll my eyes.
"Are you going to continue to fucking punch me and throw me around like a rag doll?" I say sarcastically.

"Only if you deserve it," He shrugs.

"So do we have a deal?" He stares at me waiting for me to answer.
"Do I really have much of a choice?"
"No," He laughs before leaving the apartment. I sigh, wiping away the tears that had pooled around my eyes. Why does this happen to me?
Obviously, I want to break up with him and never see him again in my life, but I like modeling. Even though I've only had one shot, I don't want to lose my job and have a negative reputation in the entertainment industry. 

Plus my friends. They haven't done anything wrong and definitely don't deserve to get hurt because of my mistakes. They're the best thing that's happened to me and I don't want them to suffer because I can't tell the difference between good and bad people.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes.
James: post this picture with a cheesy caption. Now.

I don't bother answering and just sigh and open the picture. We took this a few weeks ago when it was a much happier time.

 We took this a few weeks ago when it was a much happier time

Tagged: jamescleaver

Daviddobrik, zane and 8442 liked this.

He loves me

User1: how freaking cute

Jamescleaver: i do love you

Carlyincontro: GOALS

User2: this is so adorable

User3: Ew

~~

Sorry this is a little short I just have no motivation tonight. 
Also I'm vising my grandma in the hospital the next couple of days, so either I'll be able to upload a few more than usual due to down time, or I won't be able to upload as many. I'll try my best!! Enjoy!