Chapter 27

David and I spent our time in Dallas doing some of my favorite things when I lived there. After I showed him my farm and horseback riding, I took him to my high school and the park nearby.

I practically lived in the park as a kid. My friends and I would ride our bikes to the park, spend almost all day there, and then head home. We would also ride our horses there for trail rides seeing as how we all had horses.

Sadly, today was the day we headed back to LA.
After an emotional drop-off at the airport, my dad and I finally said goodbye, and I couldn't help but feel bad for him. He had the house to himself now, and even though the people in our small town treats each other like family, it's a hard thing to get used to. I, of course, promised I'd visit soon, and offered my dad a place to stay in LA if he ever wanted to come to see my life now.

As soon as we landed in LA, my phone was ringing. I looked down to see my agent, Mark on the phone.
"Oh hi Mark," I greet, looking out the window of the airplane.

"How're you doing?" He asks. He's been wonderful with everything going on and didn't contact me a single time that I was in Dallas, except to check on me. He didn't mention work a single time.

"I'm doing better. Ready to get back to my normal life," I say smiling even though I know he can't see it.

"That's good to hear. I have some shoots and fittings lined up for you this week. But only if you feel ready," He says relaxing me. Whenever I think of modeling agents, I think of agents that constantly bombard their clients with work so that they themselves can make as much money as possible. With Mark, he wants to make sure you're okay first.

"Oh of course. I'm ready," I say as David taps my shoulder, letting me know we're getting off the plane.

"Perfect. I'll send you an email with everything going this week. Glad to hear you're doing well," He says before hanging up. I instantly take David's hand into mine when I get off, and we head over to baggage claim.

There were some fans waiting for him, and I could tell he wanted to stay with me but also to go say hi to them.
"Go say hi," I whisper to him.
"Are you sure?" He asks looking down at me.

"Yes. I'll get the bags and come over when I'm done," I smile at him before he kisses me. I could hear the girls scream slightly when it happens, causing me to chuckle.

I watch him interact with his fans in amazement. You could tell how happy he's making them just by talking to them and taking pictures with him. I can't help but feel proud of who he's become and how he handles his fame.
I grab the suitcases and head over to David. I suddenly feel shy, not knowing how his fans are going to feel about me, as most of them probably dream every night that they're with David. I'm living their dream. I'm living my dream.

"Oh, my gosh Taylor! Can I take a picture with you?" A girl says as I walk over, handing her phone over to David. David looked like he didn't know what to do at first, as he's used to being in the picture. We take the picture, and soon everyone starts wanting pictures with me. I could honestly say it helped calm my nerves.

As we walk away a few minutes later, David smiles widely at me.
"What?" I ask.

"Is that your first time taking pictures with fans?" He asks. I can't help but smile as I realize it was.
"Yeah," I smile up at him.
"I'm so proud of you," He kisses me before we climb in his Tesla.

We decide to head back to the house and invite all of our friends over. It's been so long since I've seen them, and I definitely miss them a lot.

Pretty much when we get home, everyone comes in.

"My baby," Zane yells running up to me and hugging me.

"Watch it, Zane," David warns half-jokingly.
Everyone else greets me with a hug and showing their regrets for my mom.

"So Taylor. I learned you're a little country girl," Heath says.
"I mean I guess," I say laughing.
"You guess? You grew up in the church, you live on a farm in the middle of nowhere Texas, drive an old truck and your southern accent is definitely giving it away," David says.
"Southern accent?" I ask. I thought it went away when I moved here.
"It didn't come out until we went to your home. It's very slight right now," He says and I nod in understanding. It makes sense since everyone in my hometown has strong accents.
"You're my kind of girl. Why didn't I snatch you before David," Heath says jokingly, pointing to his boots? I laugh and David flips him off.

"You have horses?" Carly asks and I nod.
"How many?" She asks again.

"27. Beau died last year," I say sadly.
"Can we all go visit sometime?" Erin asks, and I nod.

"Of course! That'd be so fun. My dad would love to meet y'all too," I say excitedly.

"I'm totally down. That'd be so fun," Todd says causing me to smile. Soon everyone agrees and I start planning the trip in my head.

"We just have to find a time that we're all not busy for a few days," Scott says and we all mumble agreements. It's impossible to get everyone together, so the fact that everyone's here right now is a miracle.
We hang out talking about the most random of things for a few hours until everyone decides to head home.
Once they do, David and I decide to head to bed, Since it's 11 in LA right now, and 1 in Dallas, and we're still on Dallas time.
As we climb into bed, I cuddle up to him and kiss his neck.
"I wish I could give you enough thanks for everything you did this past week. You really made it easier for my dad and me, and helped me get my mind off of everything," I say looking into his eyes.
"I loved getting to know everything about you. I'm glad I was able to help in the slightest," He says kissing my forehead before turning the lights off.

I don't think I'll ever get used to this boy.

Tagged: daviddobrik

Ernst, kirstenmcatee, carlyincontro and 42,583 others liked this.

Wish I could put into words my love for this boy.

User1: he's so adorable

User2: OMG he doesn't have a hat on!

Ernst: he's cute

Heathhussar: how did you get his hat off?

Vanilladingdong: I see my merch

User3: i loved meeting you today!

User4: can you stay away from him

~~

Hope y'all enjoyed!! 

THANKS FOR 2K READS WTF 
THIS IS INSANE THANK YOU SO MUCH