Chapter 2

As my uber dropped me off outside of my apartment, I struggle to grab all of my bags. Seeing as how I came by plane, all of my belongings had to be checked, and now I'm regretting owning so much stuff.

I can't help but laugh at how I must look attempting to carry a duffle bag, my purse, a backpack and rolling two suitcases into the door of the apartment building, but I just keep going, hoping I don't run into anyone.

Just as I'm about to attempt to press the elevator button, an arm comes from behind me pressing it for me.

"Here let me help you," A mysterious man says pulling my duffle bag away from me and a suitcase. I look up to see a guy around my age, with a slight beard and carrying a camera.

"Thank you so much..." I trail off gaining feeling in my arm again. Thank you mystery man.

"Zane."
"Taylor." I smile at him just as the elevator dings informing us it's on the ground floor.

"What floor?" He looks at me with his hand hovering over the buttons in the elevator.

"6 please."

"Hey, I live on that floor too!" He says excitedly. I chuckle at him a little bit before exiting the elevator that has now reached our floor.

I look back to see Zane adjusting my duffle bag on his shoulder. I honestly don't know how I would've made it up to my apartment without his help and I'm glad to know that I already know someone that lives on my floor. He seems like the kind of guy I would want to be friends with, which is a relief.

Moving to a major city like Los Angeles by yourself and not knowing anyone is definitely scary, but I knew I needed the change. I've always wanted to live somewhere else other than Texas and knew that Los Angeles would be the perfect place to give me opportunities in whatever I decide to venture into.

"What did you put in here? Bricks?" He huffs taking a step. I laugh at his dramatic behavior before turning around walking again. He quickly catches up to me and we begin the journey to my apartment.

"I just moved here today so this is all my stuff from back home. Or I guess my old home." At that point, we had reached my apartment, so I quickly opened the door and we threw the stuff on the ground.

"Thank you so much for helping me, Zane. I don't know how I would've ever been able to make it up here without your help." I say truthfully.

"Hey, no problem at all. I love meeting new people. I actually live right next door so if you ever want to hang out or need help carrying stuff up again give me a call," He reaches into his back pocket to pull out his phone and I quickly type my number in, typing my name in as "Your hot neighbor ;)" before giving him his phone back.

I look around my apartment to notice the lack of furniture and quickly realized an Ikea trip is going to be needed asap.

"Thanks again. I'm definitely going to need your help again."

We exchanged a quick goodbye as I sigh a big sigh of relief looking around my apartment.
I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, and I pull it out to see a text from Zane.

Zane: It's nice knowing I now have a great neighbor, hot neighbor ;)

~~

AHHHH another chapter!!! She's officially met the first member of the vlog squad!!