Chapter 11

It's been a week since I've talked to David. I've texted him and only gotten short answers, so I decided to give up trying to reach out to him. He'll reach out when he's ready.

James and I have gotten a lot closer. We've hung out a couple times now that his shoot is over and it's been amazing.

I've officially met Carly and Erin, some more of "the vlog squad" which I just found out is the name of their friend group, and they're great. We've hung out twice and have a lot in common.

I've talked to everyone about what happened with David, leaving out that he may possibly have just a little crush on me. Possibly. They just keep telling me that he's moody and will get over it.

Today is my shoot with Calvin Klein and to say I'm excited is an understatement. I met with them a few days ago and they loved me or at least that's what they said. It's going to be just one outfit, and they just want me to post the pictures on my social media to promote the company.

James: Good luck on your shoot today baby. You'll be amazing as usual
His text brought a smile to my face and helped calm some of the nerves that have risen over the past few days.

Taylor: Can't wait to tell you about it <3

I call an uber and head over to the Calvin Klein office. They requested me to come with wet hair and dressed in a zipped shirt so I can easily change without ruining hair or makeup, So I wore a black zipped sweatshirt and a pair of black leggings with flip-flops.

As I arrived, there was someone waiting for me in the lobby.

"Hi you must be Taylor," The lady says and I nod.
"Great. Come with me," She starts walking and I struggle to keep up. And I thought I walked fast.

She led me over to a stool, and two ladies came over.
"This is Kelly and Chloe your makeup and hair people. I'll be right over there if you need anything," The nameless lady says before walking away to talk to a man.
They quickly do my hair and makeup, which ended up being a messy ponytail and light makeup. We made small talk during my makeover, and they were really cool and down to earth people.

As soon as they finished, I was handed an outfit to change into, which consisted of a matching sports bra and underwear set.

The shoot went fast, and we ended up filming at a couple different locations. As soon as we were done, I was handed a robe to change into and got to see the pictures. They ended up choosing pictures from the same location, and I couldn't believe how good they looked. Somehow they made me look like a natural.

"You looked great Taylor we loved having you," The mystery lady said to me.
"Thank you I had a great time," I smile toward her. She handed me her business card and I discovered her name is Sandy.

"Go ahead and change and we'll have a quick discussion once you're ready," She smiles and I jog over to the changing room. A quick discussion?

As I walk out, I notice her standing to the side looking at a clipboard. When she sees me walk out she calls me over. She hands me a check and I quickly glance at it to see the check is made out for $10,000! And it has my name on it! My eyes instantly widen.
"That's your first check. Once you post the pictures on your Instagram, we'll send you another worth $15,000." Sandy smiles as I widen my eyes again. She laughs slightly, as it's obvious I never expected this amount of money from them.
When I came and met with them last week, they said I would be getting paid, but I didn't think it'd be $25,000! Especially for one shoot.
I thank her graciously before calling another uber.

As I head back in the uber, I decide to go ahead and post the pictures to my Instagram.

Tagged: Calvinklein

Had a great shoot today with Calvin Klein. Check out their new underwear line in my bio!

Calvinklein, jamescleaver and 6920 liked this.

Calvinklein: You're a natural!

User1: Dang girl

User2: You try to hard

Jamescleaver: That's my baby!!

Carlyincontro: WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW YOU WERE DOING THIS

Zane: SHIT

User3: perfect

As I walk into my apartment, I notice 4 people sitting on my couch, glaring at me.
"Um hey guys," I say nervously.

"Oh hello, ms. I'm the next top model and I can't tell my friends," Heath says dramatically causing me to roll my eyes.
"I didn't want to say anything until I knew it was a for sure thing," I try to justify.

"How long have you known about it?" Erin asks.

"Like 2 weeks maybe?" I say slowly.

"You bitch," Zane says causing me to laugh slightly.

"You're lucky we love you," Carly says getting up and pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah you look hot as shit," Heath says, causing me to laugh once again.
"How did y'all get in my apartment?"

"Babygirl you need to learn how to lock a door," Zane says mid-laugh.
"Dammit," I whisper before joining them on the couch.

We all hung out for a few hours binging shows on Netflix, and once they left I decided to call my parents. I haven't talked to them since I've been in LA.
"Hello?"

"Hey, mom it's Taylor."
"Taylor! Honey Taylor's on the phone!" My mom yells at my dad, and I hear it click to speaker.
"Taylor! We miss you!" My dad says excitingly.
"I miss you guys too," I smile into the phone.

"Have you found a job?" My mom suddenly turns into mom mode. I knew this was coming.
"Yes and no,"
"Explain," My dad says confused. I knew they were looking at each other trying to figure out what I mean.

"I actually just got back from a modeling gig with Calvin Klein." They both go quiet for a moment, trying to figure out if I'm actually telling the truth.
"I know you don't believe me. Check my Instagram," My mom has an Instagram but probably hasn't used it in months. She only has it to follow me.

"Oh my gosh honey!" My mom says as she looks at it. I can hear my dad whisper "let me see it" in the background.

"I don't know if I approve this though," My mom says again as I sigh. I knew this was coming.

"Why mom? I really enjoyed it," I try to justify, knowing I won't make progress.
"How much did you make?" My dad asks. It's always about money.
"Um $25,000," I say quietly. I feel like I shouldn't be disclosing how much I make even though it's just my parents.
"No way," My mom says as I chuckle.
"Do they want you to work with them again?" My dad asks.
"I have no idea. I hope so," I say honestly. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with them.
We continue talking about my move and I fill them in on everything. I wasn't going to tell them about James just yet, but they saw the picture of James and me on my Instagram seeing as how my mom got nosey and kept scrolling, and they don't necessarily seem upset about it. I did tell them about how I have friends here already but didn't talk about how they're practically famous.
"You know you can always move back if you need to," My mom says hopefully.

"I know mom. I'm not moving back anytime soon," I say slightly annoyed. I know they want me to fail out here in LA just for their own selfish needs.

"We just miss you," My dad says and I nod before I realize they can't see me.
"I know I miss y'all too,"
"Well, we better get going and cook dinner. We love you,"
"Love you too,"

As we click off, I notice that I have a new text that popped up on my screen.

David: Can we talk?

~~

OOOH HE'S COMIN BACK

Also, I try to post once a day, but if I get good feedback I'll try posting more ;)