Chapter 18

Later that week, Calvin Klein contacted me again about doing another shoot for today. As I went to the office, I think of what this shoot may be like. I had a lot of fun with the last one, and although my family wasn't the most pleased with me doing an underwear photo shoot, they understand that modeling may be a new profession for me, and it's something I enjoy.

"Welcome back Taylor," Sandy walks up to me with her clipboard and a smile.
"Hey Sandy," I greet her, as I follow her back to hair and makeup. I noticed it was once again Kelly and Chloe and felt more comfortable. I like familiar faces. They sat me down and started my hair and makeup, while Sandy gives me the rundown.

"So we're going to do one look today just because it's raining. We want to do a shoot with you on the beach, but we can just do that a different day. So instead, we're just going to do a shoot promoting our sleepwear," Sandy says, and I can't help but feel excited knowing they want me back again.

As I talk to Kelly and Chloe, I learned about how they got involved in working for Calvin Klein, and I told them about how I ended up here. They were shocked I was able to move here and get a model job within a few weeks. There are models who have tons of experience who struggle to get a gig every few months.
The shoot went well and went pretty quickly as well. They decided instead of giving me two different checks this time, the first after completing the job and second after posting the picture, they'd just give me one.
I changed into my sweats and headed back to my apartment, where I learned this shoot I made $30,000. That's insane! I just took a couple of pictures.

James has been contacting me a lot more often, so being alone in my apartment terrifies me.
I decide to go next door and see if anyone's home, and find Heath, Zane, and Todd sitting on the couch.
"Hey guys," I smile as I plop down on the couch. If it were a few weeks ago, I'd feel as though I'm intruding but seeing as how they do this to me constantly, it's just a normal thing.

"How's your day been so far Taylor?" Heath asks.

"It's been good! I just finished up my shoot," Todd looked at me weird, so I further explained.
"I've been doing some modeling with Calvin Klein," Todd's eyes go wide in shock.

"You had another today?" Zane asks as I nod.
"Do you have the photos?" He asks again.

"I have one that I have to post on Instagram. I guess I can just show you and post now," I say pulling out my phone.

 I guess I can just show you and post now," I say pulling out my phone

Heathhussar, todderic, zane and 17,352 others liked this.

Is never an acceptable time to get up? Check out Calvin Klein's new sleepwear in my bio!

User1: oh so you're a model now?

User2: i love this

heathhussar: that booty tho

Jamescleaver: remember who made you a model

Calvinklein: Always a pleasure working with you!

The boys pass around my phone and all comment on the picture.
"I love this," Zane says.
"Damn baby you look hot," Heath follows.

"I agree with Heath," Todd says as David walks in.

"What do you agree with Heath on?" He asks, sitting next to me whispering a hello.

"The fact that Taylor looks hot in this picture," Todd says, handing David my phone. David looks at the picture, and his eyes widen, but he tries to act as casual as possible. I saw that Dobrik, don't try to act sly.

"When did you take this?" He asks me with red cheeks.

"Today," 

"Where?"

"Calvin Klein," 

"This is really good," He finishes, handing me back my phone. 

"Thanks, David," I smile at him. 

"Okay, I've got to ask. How much did you get paid?" Zane asks. I don't mind telling them how much I make, because I know they all make way more than I do. So I don't feel as though I'm bragging for telling them.
"This was $30,000. But they want to do a swim shoot as well," 

"$30,000 for a picture?" Heath asks and I nod. 

"You've made it dude," Heath continues and I laugh.

"I'm thinking of finally buying a car," I say.
"What do you want to get?" David asks.

"My dream car has always been a jeep wrangler," 

"Well you can afford it now for sure," Zane says. 

I check the time and see that it's only 3 in the afternoon.

"Maybe that's what I'll do today," I smile.
"Can I join?" David asks and I nod.
"Wait, you only want to go for content," I say and they all laugh.
"You've learned quickly little duck," Zane pats my head like a puppy and I pout.

David and I decide to go ahead and head to the Jeep dealership so that we can get my car all situated.

"How have you been holding up?" He asks, referring to James.
"He's been unnecessarily posting on my Instagram posts," I sigh while looking out the window. I feel him glance over at me a few times before responding.
"Now what?"
"He posted on my picture today 'Remember who made you a model' or something like that," I say as I see his grip tighten on the steering wheel.

"He needs to back off," he says tightly.

"He's just trying to get to me," I say as we pull in to the Jeep dealership.
"Well he's getting to me," He says slamming his door shut.
Luckily, they had my dream jeep there, so I didn't have to wait another couple of weeks to have it to myself. It's matte black, with a slight lift and a hard top. Exactly what I wanted.

David decided to drive back to his place after to upload a video, and I just decided to head to mine. I realize I need to get over my irrational fear that James is going to be at my apartment, and just start living my life again. As I enter my apartment, I notice the door is cracked slightly, and I know that I left it closed. I feel fear rising inside me, and I look to see James sitting on my couch, smiling at me. "Oh hello, Taylor."

~~

I'm sorry for the cliffhanger ;)