Chapter 33

Today I let everyone sleep in. They worked hard yesterday, and I knew that waking up early today to do it all over again would practically kill them.

I hopped in my truck and headed toward Rhett's to grab some hay. I'm not gonna lie, heading there by myself brought me back to my life before LA.

As much as I hate to admit it, I miss it a lot. I didn't have drama, paparazzi, and I didn't almost get me and my friends killed because of an abusive ex. It was a simpler time, where I had a life planned out for myself.

When I pulled up, I saw Austin standing there once again. I still don't understand why he's suddenly in town so much now when I've known Rhett my entire life and had never seen him once.

"Hey Austin," I say jumping out of my truck. He smirks as I walk over to him, cockiness taking over him.
"Taylor. Where's your gang?" He asks.

"At my house. They wanted to sleep in so I just came by myself today,"

We start walking over toward the hay, but he stops me.

"What?" I ask and he sighs.

"I don't think David's in the relationship for the right reasons," He says looking behind me. I hold back from chuckling at the stupidity of his thought.

"What are you talking about?"

"I think you could do a lot better," He says.
"Oh like you," I snort and he nods slowly.

"You're kidding," I finish and he sighs.

"I can't help it, Taylor. You're gorgeous, funny, determined. You're the woman I can see myself spending the rest of my life with," He says looking into my eyes. I would have completely fallen for it had I not been in a relationship. He's the typical player, and I'm not going to believe him. Sure he's attractive, but not someone I could ever leave David for.

I go to say something but I'm cut off by lips on mine. Before I can pull away, I hear a gasp. I look behind me to see David and Heath standing there. My dad must've let Heath drive his truck here, and they were going to come to help me.

"I can't believe you," David said not moving from his spot. I look at Heath and see him looking at me with disappointment.

"No David I didn't kiss him he kissed me," I plead to him with tears coming to my eyes.

"Yeah okay. That's literally what they all say," He says rolling his eyes. I look behind me to see Austin holding back a smirk.

"You knew he was standing there. You did this on purpose!" I yell at him and he holds his hands up defensively.
"I'm done, Taylor. Have fun with Austin now," He says climbing back into the truck. Heath hesitates but shakes his head climbing back in. I watch them drive away, even though the blurriness of the tears is making it hard.

"I'm sorry Taylor," Austin says behind me, even though it's the least sincere thing I've ever heard.

"Fuck off Austin," I spit before getting in my truck. I start driving back to the house, and when I get back I see my dad sitting in the kitchen.

"Where's David?" I ask before he can say anything. He sets down his coffee and sighs.

"He left Taylor," He says quietly. I shake my head quickly and look around.

"He didn't leave!" My dad comes up behind me and pulls me tightly into a hug.
I hear footsteps come down the stairs and I look to find Kristen.

"I stayed behind so you weren't alone," She said pulling me into a hug. I knew my dad must've heard what happened, and from how he's acting, he believes me over David and Heath. He knows I would never cheat on a significant other.

"I didn't do it, Kristen," I sob into her shirt.
"I believe you," She says as we pull away.
"I know you would never do something like that to David. I see the way you look at him," She finishes and I sigh.

"Austin did it on purpose to get David and me to break up. He knew David was standing behind me," I wipe my tears and grabs my hands.

"When you're ready we'll head back to LA. Give it a few days and explain to him what you just said. If he truly loves you he'll at least listen," She says and I nod. We decide to head back tomorrow and spend the rest of the day with my dad. It ended up being us watching movies and chowing down on popcorn, not that I minded.

Thankfully my dad wasn't mad at David nor I for this situation. He understands that there's a miscommunication and that if it's meant to be, we'll make up and be fine.

**

Kristen and I just exited our plane and I haven't gotten a single text from David. As much as it upsets me, I also understand that he needs time to process everything.

Thankfully, Kristen offered for me to stay at her place with Scott, Todd, and Jason for the next couple of days, otherwise, it'd be a little awkward in our house. She gave me some clothes to change into, and although Todd offered me his bed, I said that I'd take the couch. This was once again my problem, they don't need to go out of their way to help me.

As soon as I change, I lay on the couch and cover myself with the blanket. Even though it's still the middle of the day, I have no desire to go out and do anything, and just plan on laying here for the day.

I start thinking of everything that's happened. Why do so many bad things happen to me? Every time something good happens in my life, something has to happen to ruin it. And this time, it isn't James that's ruining it.
Kristen comes in and sits on the couch. She looks at me, and when I don't look at her, she sighs.

"You need to eat," She says and I don't move. Eating isn't important right now.

"Please Taylor. It's not healthy to not eat,"

"I'm okay," I croak out, the first words I've said today.

"I'm going to bring you some water then," She says and once she comes back, she tries to hand it to me. After the failed attempt, she sets it on the table and walks away. I hate being like this toward them and myself. I just have no reason to do anything right now.

I hate guys.

~~

Y'all wanted drama, I gave drama!!!!

Will David forgive Taylor?

Also wow these past few days have been a whirlwind. My 10 hour drive to school took 12 hours and the moving process has been crazy!
I'm in a house this year and it's a lot of moving. I'm sick of it