Chapter 12

The next day I text James seeing if he wanted to hang out and got a reply letting me know he was on his way over. I change into a pair of black leggings and a black sweatshirt, as we had talked about having a Netflix day in.

As the doorbell rings, I skip over and greet him with a kiss before we head into my room to cuddle up in bed and watch a movie.
"Any requests?" I ask scrolling through Netflix.
"Horror?" He smiles sheepishly knowing I hate horror movies. I immediately shake my head.
"But you got to choose last time," He gives me the puppy dog eyes that work every time.
"Fine," I pout as he pulls me closer to him and kissing my head.

We finally find a movie and decide on the Conjuring. It looks way too scary for me and I immediately regret letting him choose.

"It's okay baby I'll protect you," He says as I rest my head on his chest. I roll my eyes even though he can't see it.
A little bit into the movie, he puts his finger under my chin to make me look up at him. Immediately, he puts his lips on mine, and I just assume he wants a quick peck, but he doesn't pull away.
It starts intensifying quickly, as he is now hovering over top of me, his hand resting on my waist. Before I know it, I can feel him start to tug my leggings off, and reach toward my underwear.
"Babe no," I say quietly, letting him know I'm not wanting to do it, but he keeps going.

"James," I say a little louder, figuring he just didn't hear me the first time, but again he keeps pushing.

"James!" I yell and he immediately jumps off of me.
"What the fuck Taylor?" He looks at me confused, and at this point my leggings are completely off, leaving me in my sweatshirt and a thong.

"I'm not ready James," I say quietly, slightly ashamed.

"What do you mean you're not ready? We've been dating for almost a month now."
"That doesn't mean anything," I say getting slightly annoyed.

Before I can say anything else, he walks up to me and tries making out with me again. I push him away in complete shock.
"James what the f..." I start again but get cut off by his hand connecting to my cheek. Did he really just slap me?

At a complete loss for words, I stare at him with my mouth open, waiting for him to apologize. Instead, he just grabs his phone and walks out. Tears start brimming my eyes, as I just stare at the door trying to comprehend what just happened.

I go into the bathroom to see how bad it is and notice you could easily see the handprint on my cheek. I reach my hand up to touch it and wince in pain. As I contemplate what to do, I see that I have another text from David. We briefly talked last night about meeting up today to talk about everything.
David: Are you free right now?

Taylor: Yeah

David: I'm on my way over

I panic on how to cover this and decide to go ahead and throw foundation and concealer over it. Thankfully it covered it really well.
I go back into my room and throw my leggings on, and just as I do, I hear a knock at my door.
I open the door, to see David dressed also in a black sweatshirt and has black jeans paired with it.

"Hey," I give a small smile as I let him in, and he nods returning the smile. We make our way over to my couch, and we both sit there quietly.

"I'm sorry," We say at the same time and chuckle awkwardly.

"I'll go first," He starts. "I'm sorry I was a dick the other day. Or I guess last week. I just have been so stressed with my channel and I took it out on you," I could tell his apology was sincere, but it was obvious he wasn't being entirely serious with what he was sorry about.

"I'm sorry I've been messaging you so much asking you what's wrong. I should've figured you were just stressed and should've given you time to work through your struggles with the channel before reaching out to you again,"
"You have nothing to be sorry about. I was being a dick and you didn't deserve it. You were trying to be a good friend," He smiles.
"So friends again?" I ask hopefully. He chuckles and nods as I pull him into a hug, missing his scent. I couldn't be more relieved. This past week not having David to hang out with has been tough. Even though I haven't known him for very long, I have a special bond with him that I'm beyond grateful for.
"So you're a model now?" He asks amusingly, as I fill him in on how that all started and how it went.

"Alright, I got to ask. How much did you make?" As I tell him how much, his eyes widen.
"For just a few pictures?" He asks and I nod.
"Damn I'm going to become a model," He states.
"Don't you have to be even slightly good looking in order to do that?" I jokingly say and he jumps on me tickling me as revenge.

"Sorry to cut this short but I have to run and film a clip with my friend Liza before she leaves for a trip. We should hang out again soon," He says as we head toward the door.
"Yeah, I missed you," I smile at him.
"I missed you too," And with that, he left. I could feel the weight I was once carrying on my shoulders visibly lessen. Not only because I have David back as a friend, but because he didn't notice the red mark on my cheek.

Just as I'm thinking of James and what he'd done, I hear a loud knock on the door startling me. I open it to see James standing there. Once the door opens he comes barging in.
"Taylor. I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. I've just been so busy and stressed lately and I took it out on you. I'm so sorry," He pleads with me. Sounds a lot like the excuse I heard from David, except he didn't hit me for not having sex with me.

"Please forgive me. I won't do it again," He tries pleading again when I don't respond.

"Okay," I sigh and he pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you, Taylor. Now let's take a picture for our Instagrams before people grow suspicious," He says weirdly, causing me to be slightly unsure of what to do.
"Come on," He says and I follow.

Tagged: jamescleaver

ernst, daviddobrik and 7829 others liked this.

Just doin our thang

Jamescleaver: <3

User1: Nope they're still together

User2: dammit

User3: date me instead

Ernst: such a high quality picture