Chapter 10

The rest of the day I spent hanging out with the guys. We went around town filming segments for everyone's vlogs. Seeing as how I was still dressed in just my sports bra, David insisted on giving me his sweatshirt even though I live just next door. Not that I'm complaining, he smells amazing.
Throughout the day, I was texting James, and we tried to make plans but he has a huge photo shoot for a company the next couple days so it's going to be hard to make time. Especially if I end up scoring the Calvin Klein photo shoot.

I meet with them tomorrow morning and I couldn't be more nervous. Every rumor that I've ever heard of the modeling industry comes to mind when I think of becoming apart of it. Am I skinny enough? Tall enough? Pretty enough? Photogenic?
But even then, if I get this shoot, that doesn't mean I'll be in the modeling industry. I'm not sure if that's something I even want to do, I've never come anywhere close to it.

The guys except for David all wanted to go to Chick Fil A but David wanted to go to Chipotle so I offered to go with him.

I didn't really care which one I went to, and I didn't want David to have to go alone. Plus that means I get to ride in his Tesla again.

Hanging out with David lately has been really nice. When I first met him, I got the vibe that he was super serious and kinda a dick, but turns out he was just stressed about posting and filming a vlog. He takes his job so seriously that it makes me envy him.

We order our food, him ordering a burrito while I get a burrito bowl, and head to the register.
I go to reach for my wallet and David does the same.
"David no I'm paying,"
"No way I'm paying,"
"Why should you pay? I offered to come. Instead, I should be paying," I try to be logical.

"I like paying for people," We continue to argue. I smile sympathetically at the cashier.

"Okay fine. You can pay this time," He says giving in. I smile triumphantly as I turn to reach into my purse to grab my wallet. As I grab my wallet, I notice David handing the cashier his credit card.
"David!" I yell at him causing the cashier to laugh.

"Sorry," He says cheekily.
"You guys are a cute couple," The cashier says making my cheeks go red.
"Oh we're not dating," David and I try to justify together. She just chuckles and mumbles a "yet" to herself. Or at least that's what it sounded like.

We grab our food and sit down. I immediately pout making David laugh.
"Is someone upset they just got free food?" He says as though he's talking to a 5-year-old.

"I wanted to pay," I grab my fork, stabbing the rice. We eat in comfortable silence, occasionally with some small talk.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, and I pull it out to see a new text from James.
James: Hey babe I miss you

Taylor: I miss you :( When are you done with this shoot?

James: I should be done by the weekend. Can't wait to see you

Taylor: Me too.

"Who are you talking to?" He questions.
"Oh James," He instantly looks confused.
"Plane hotty," I chuckle causing him to chuckle in realization.
"So are you like a thing now?" He asks awkwardly.
"Yeah he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday," I say as he sets down his burrito.
"That's good. I'm happy for you. I think I'm done with my food I'm not hungry anymore. Are you ready?" He says not letting me answer while getting up and throwing his food away. I follow him, confused at his sudden mood change.
We get in his Tesla, and the ride back to my apartment was awkwardly quiet. You could cut the tension with a knife.
"Did you want to come up?" I ask as I get out of his car.
"No I have some work to do," He says not looking at me.

"Oh your sweatshirt," I start pulling his sweatshirt off. I notice him look at my stomach as it came into view.
"Just keep it. Goodbye Taylor," He says coldly. Okay, what is happening.

"Oh um bye David," I shut the door and he immediately drives off.

I feel tears threaten to spill, and I do my best to keep them in. I don't understand what just happened. From what I've heard, David eats like a pig, and he just threw half of his burrito away.

As I get into my apartment, I see Heath sitting on my couch.
"Oh, can I help you?" I say slightly startled.
"Zane's on the phone with his parents arguing up a storm and I couldn't listen to it anymore so I let myself in," He smiles calmly.

"How did you get in?" I curiously ask.

"You left the door unlocked," He says causing me to chuckle.
"I knew I forgot something," I plop down next to him.
"What's up with you?" He asks nudging my shoulder.
"I don't know. David just was acting weird,"

"How?" He sets his phone down that I didn't even notice he had out.
"I don't know. We were eating at Chipotle and he just suddenly got moody and threw half of his burrito away and acted coldly toward me," I sigh. I hate when people are mad at me.

"He may just be stressed about his content. It's not unusual for him to get moody and skip meals when he's stressed about his channel," He says simply.

"Yeah maybe," I say unsurely.
"Hey. Don't take it seriously. He probably wasn't doing it on purpose," I offer him a small smile, and lean on his shoulder.

"Just text him later," He says while rubbing my back calming me down.
"Thanks, Heath," I smile up at him before putting my head back on his shoulder drifting off to sleep.
I woke up a few hours later, to find Heath gone and a blanket placed over me. What a great guy. I grab my phone and contemplate whether or not to text David. I don't want to piss him off more if it was because of me, but I also want to know if he is mad at me.
After typing out 7 different messages, I decide I might as well send it.
Taylor: Hey David is everything okay?

David: Yeah fine

Taylor: If I did something I'm sorry.
David: You didn't do anything.

Yeah okay, you liar.

Taylor: I had a good time with you today

David: I have to go film

My heart just broke. What did I do?

This time when the tears came to my eyes, they just came pouring out.

I hate upsetting someone, especially when I have no idea what I've done.

I mean we were joking around and having fun until I mentioned I was dating...

No. There's no way. David doesn't like me, does he?

He can't. He's way out of my league. I mean he's successful, has tons of friends, really attractive, caring, rich, and has his life figured out.
And I'm just me.
He doesn't. He can't.

Jamescleaver, ernst and 1993 like this

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Jamescleaver, ernst and 1993 like this.

Sometimes a smile is the perfect disguise.

User1: What happened

User2: I wonder if they broke up already

Heathhussar: i love you bbgirl

User3: ugly

User4: you try way to hard

User5: i wish I was you!

~~

Uh oh rough water between Taylor and David!!! What's going to happen next?

It's Called Clickbait Baby | David Dobrikजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें