Chapter 14

The next couple of days I kept to myself, not leaving my apartment. I continued posting the pictures of us, as I had been told, and hadn't spoken to my friends.

James has come over just about every day because he says he finds joy in making me feel pain now. I've been punched, kicked, thrown, just about anything you can think of.

Zane and David have both reached out to me, and I've declined, saying that I'm too busy with modeling stuff, and so far they've believed it.

But hey on the bright side, I've been able to catch up on Netflix shows and eat all of my food, which I now have to go out in public to restock my fridge.

I load concealer on my cheek, where he had most recently hit me. and change into a t-shirt and athletic shorts, along with a baseball cap to help hide my face.

As I call my uber, I make a mental note to start looking for a car. Now that I have $25,000 from Calvin Klein, I can afford a car. Especially because a few days ago, they contacted me about doing another shoot.

As I get dropped off at Trader Joes, I pull my hat down a little to avoid any glances. I look at my phone to see my list and start throwing the items into my cart.
"Taylor?" I hear someone say my name behind me and I mentally swear. I turn around to see Alex standing behind me. I offer a smile and pray he doesn't notice my face.
"Oh hey Alex," I say with fake enthusiasm, which he bought.

"How have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in a while,"
"Oh yeah, I've just been really busy. I've been doing a lot of modeling recently and it just wears you out," I lie through my teeth.

"Wow, that's cool! You should totally come by Heath's apartment or to David's house soon. We all miss seeing you," He says genuinely, making my heart break a little bit. Here I am avoiding them to keep from hurting them, but yet I'm still hurting them.
"Yeah I'll definitely come around," We offer a quick goodbye and I sigh as he walks away.
James told me I could hang out with them so that it could be easier to ruin my career. However, if that asshole does come forward and release those fake facts about me cheating on him with one of the guys, it'll hurt their careers and that's the last thing I want to do.

I finish grocery shopping before heading back to my apartment. I decide to text James to tell him to come over to talk and decide I need to break up with him now before he can gain "proof" of me "cheating" on him.

As he walks in, he doesn't even acknowledge me but continues to look at his phone.
"What," He says eventually, as though I were inconveniencing him.

"I'm not doing this," I say, trying to hide the shakiness in my voice which would show I'm scared.
He doesn't say anything but instead laughs.

"And why is that?"

"I'm not dealing with your shit. You have absolutely no right to hit me or even touch me at all. Go ahead and say whatever you fucking want to the public I'm done," He just looks at me not taking me seriously.

"You can go ahead and say goodbye to your career as well as your friends," He looks amused.

"I'll come forward and make my own statement," I say and he laughs.
"Oh yeah like they're going to believe the brand new model who doesn't even have a name for herself,"
"I'll take the risk," With that he grabs my arm, pulling me off the couch and onto the ground. He kicks me as soon as I hit the floor, and I cover my face to try and save that part of my body. He continues, and I feel as though I'm about to cough up blood.

"Stop!" I yell as he pulls me up by my hair, and punches me in the face. He drops me back down to the ground, and as he's about to kick me again, my door flies open. David, Zane and Heath running toward us. I see the guys start beating up James before David notices my state and comes over to me. The last thing I see is his worried face before my vision goes blurry.

**

I wake up a few hours later in a house I've never seen. I'm in a bed, and I instantly get worried James took me back to his house after he beat me up, but then I remember that the guys had come. I go to sit up and groan, and instantly David comes running in.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He says softly.

I go to talk, but nothing comes out. He hands me a cup of water, which I smile graciously for.

"I'm okay I guess,"
"I'm so sorry," He says looking guilty.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I should've known,"

"David no. There's no way you could've known. Don't pin this on yourself," I offer him a smile as I take his hand.
"I should be the one consoling you not the other way around," He says with a laugh and I join him. At that point, Heath, Zane, and Alex walk in.
"Hey, how are you doing?" Heath says.
"I'm okay,"
"You look like shit,"

"Thanks, Zane," I smile at him. I look over at Alex and he won't even look at me.
"Alex?" He looks up at me and I see his eyes are slightly red.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I just saw you yesterday. I could've stopped this from happening," He says.
"Can you guys stop feeling guilty? This was obviously my fault. I stuck around even though it was happening. I was hiding it from you," I say to them. I can't believe they feel guilty.

"Why did you stick around?" Zane asks.
"To protect y'all," I say shyly. For some reason, I felt embarrassed to tell them that.

"To protect us?" David says sitting down on the bed with me.

"Yeah. He threatened to come forward and say I was cheating on him with one of y'all, and other things that he wouldn't tell me but he promised it would kill your careers," I say looking at them.

"You stayed with him so it wouldn't affect our careers?" Alex asks in shock as I nod.
"That was so stupid," David says as he lightly pulls me into a hug.
"Well, I care about you guys. I don't want you to suffer because of me having shitty taste in guys," I say the last part jokingly, causing them to chuckle.

 I don't want you to suffer because of me having shitty taste in guys," I say the last part jokingly, causing them to chuckle

Daviddobrik, heathhussar and 8421 others liked this.

Here comes the sun

User1: Why'd she delete the pictures of her and james?

User2: did you cheat on james?

Heathhussar: love you bb girl

Daviddobrik: So glad everything is ok

User3: what does david mean?

User4: this is weird

Ernst: so proud of you

Zane: love you so much

User5: can you make a video explaining the comments please

~~

SHE MADE IT OUT YAY