Chapter 32

The next morning, I woke everyone up at 6 am. They said they wanted to experience how my life was like before moving to LA, so that's exactly what I did. Waking up at 6 am every day was my reality.

However, it's not a reality for them. I had to practically drag them out of bed, especially because it's still 4 am in LA.

Once they finally got up, my dad had breakfast made for us including scrambled eggs, toast and fruit along with coffee, which I think was the most important part for everyone.

"Okay I'm going to take y'all to the garage to grab boots," I say and they all follow. We finally find boots that fit everyone, and I lead them to the stables on the side of the house.

I start handing out shovels, and they all look confused, some looking disgusted.
"We're going to start shoveling out the stalls so I can let the horses in to feed. Who wants to help me feed and water instead?" I ask and everyone raises their hands, making me laugh.

"Zane and Todd, why don't you help?" I ask and they sigh of relief. Little do they know it's the harder job.

"I need y'all to take the water buckets out back and rinse them out before filling them with water," I say and they nod before starting. Everyone else started getting the stalls emptied out, and it's a pretty steady process. I start feeding all of the horses. I didn't need any help because each horse gets a specific amount and may have supplements added on, and they don't know which horse needs what so it just makes it easier doing it myself.
Zane and Todd realize shortly after they started that they have the harder job, because carrying the water buckets back in is definitely not fun. I bring them over a wagon to help wheel over multiple at once, but still lifting the waters onto the hooks on the wall isn't the greatest.

About an hour later, everyone was done, and I helped with the watering process.

"Now what?" Carly asks, wiping the sweat from her forehead.

"We grab the horses. I'll tell y'all who to grab because we do have a couple that will give you a hard time," I say.

"What do you mean a hard time?" Todd asks nervously.

"They like to figure out how comfortable and confident you are. So they'll pull back, pull ahead and just try to make you give in to them," I say handing everyone lead ropes. I get a few nervous looks.

"I'll bring them in. I'll give y'all the easy ones," I say and I see everyone visibly relax.

I start telling everyone who to bring in and where they go. It goes so much quicker than when I used to live at home, mainly because it's usually just me bringing in the horses.

Once they're all in, we have 3 remaining, the 3 that always cause trouble. They even cause trouble with me, so I tell everyone to step outside so they don't get kicked or anything.

I start with Talia. She's a younger horse with a spunky attitude. Today, she didn't give me too much trouble though, and only pushed me into the wall. Everyone gasped, but I just led her in before heading out and grabbing George.

George was the horse that gave me the worst of all of my falls. I ended up with a torn meniscus and a severe concussion, so I've been timid around him since then and he knows that. He started walking quickly almost at a trot, so I walk him in a tight circle where he steps on my foot. I grimace slightly but pull on his halter to stop him. We stand still for a few minutes before I lead him inside, and he listened for the rest of the way.

The last horse was Moose. He's named Moose for a reason. He's by far the biggest horse we own and has the biggest attitude. I don't really have a trick to put up with him, except gripping onto his halter to prevent him from bolting.