Chapter 34

It's been a couple days, and I haven't left the couch. I haven't showered, I have barely eaten. Let's just say I'm a mess.

Kristen and the guys have been helping a lot though, and bring me some food that I sometimes eat. I'm starting to eat more though.
I decided that today is the day that I shower. For the sake of the others in the house, I figured I should at least give them that.

I've tried texting David a couple of times and haven't gotten an answer. When I called, I got sent to voicemail. So as you can see, we're making progress. Not.

As I walk in the bathroom, I see my reflection in the mirror and jump back slightly. I knew I looked bad but not this bad.

The circles under my eyes are a deep purple which helps bring out the redness in my eyes. My skin itself looks unusually pale, and I definitely look frailer. My cheekbones pop out a little more than usual, and my hair looks thin. Not taking care of yourself really takes a toll on you.

I hop in the shower and take my time letting the hot water cascade my body. I can feel the knots in my neck and back dwindle away, and it makes me never want to get out. But eventually I have to, so I step out to see someone had put clothes in here for me. My guess would be Kristen.

It was a pair of jean shorts with a Calvin Klein crop top. She didn't put comfy clothes out for a reason, and I know that's because she wants me to talk to David.

As much as I want to go over there and talk to him, I'm too scared of the outcome and I can't lose him. He's quickly become a major part of my life and I can't bear to lose him. Especially since if we break up completely, I lose all of our friends. There's no way I could be around him afterward and I bet he wouldn't want to be around me at all, so it wouldn't work out. I'd be stuck here with no friends.

I'd probably move back home, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love LA. I could never imagine living anywhere but here or Dallas, but that's a sign. If I end up with no friends, it's a sign that I wasn't meant to be here in LA. Maybe Austin was right.

No, he wasn't right. I can't believe I even thought that. David is my soulmate and I'm going to get him back.

With the sudden boost of confidence, I get dressed and throw on a small amount of makeup before drying my hair. I walk out of the bathroom a new person.

And I will tell you, it didn't go unnoticed. Everyone was shocked when I walked into the kitchen, and I just ignored their stares as I grabbed a bottle of water.

"Hey Taylor," Todd says watching me. I smile toward him and I think I gave everyone a heart

attack.

"What's your plan for the day?" Kristen asks.

"I'm gonna talk to David. It's worth a shot," I shrug and I see them visibly relax with relief. I guess they want me out of the house.

"He'll forgive you, Taylor," Scott says, as I think it's pretty obvious I'm nervous. I smile sadly at him before saying bye and jumping in my car.

The car ride over felt like the shortest ride. So many times I wanted to turn around and cuddle back into the couch that has become my home, but I know it's the last thing I should do.
As I pull into the driveway, I feel my palms become sweaty and I keep looking in my rearview mirror, tempted to back out and leave. But I stick to it and find myself standing at the door a few moments later.

I stand there unsure of what to do. Do I knock or do I walk in? Technically it's my house too, but I feel like walking in would be a little too comfortable for the moment. So, I knock.

A few moments later I hear footsteps and my heart rate increases.

As the door opens, I see David standing on the other side, but he's completely unrecognizable. His usual shaggy hair is flat, and like me, he looks like he's lost a couple pounds. His bags under his eyes look like they have bags, and his eyes are bloodshot. Tears are dried onto his cheeks that have completely lost color.

Seeing him like this brought tears to my eyes. I caused this. How could I do this to the person I love the most?

"Taylor?" He asks shocked to see me. I don't know if its shock that I'm here or shock that I actually look like a decent person. Little does he know how I looked not even a few hours ago.

"Hi," I say quietly, so quietly that I can barely hear myself.

He doesn't say anything and keeps staring at me. I start getting uncomfortable and shift on my feet.

"Um, can I come in?" I ask and he snaps out of his trance and steps aside.

"Yeah sorry," He says and we head into the house.
The first thing I notice is the smell. It smells as though a whole football team just had practice and left all of their clothes in here. It looks about the same as well.

Pizza boxes are scattered along with a bag of chipotle chips on the side.
"Sorry for the mess," He says which I ignore.

"I'm sorry David," I say and he's taken back slightly by the urgency in my voice. I sigh and finish what I was saying.

"What you saw didn't happen. I know that sounds crazy, but I didn't kiss him," He sighs as though he's going to protest but I cut him off.

"I went to get hay for the field and he starts saying how you're not good for me and that I was meant to be with him. He kissed me because he saw you there. You have to believe me," I plead to him.

"I'm sorry but I can't," he says and I feel my heartbreak. How can't he believe me?

"What?" I ask baffled.

"It seemed too real. I can't bring myself to forgive you just by what you say," He says and tears start coming to my eyes.
"David," I cry and he stands up.
"You should probably go Taylor," He says leading me to the door. I step out and before I could turn around to get another glance, the door is slammed shut.

I head to my car and start driving back to Kristen's. However, due to the tears in my eyes, I can't see where I'm going and end up driving off the road into a ditch.
I scream as I get thrown around in the car, and come to a sudden halt. I'm crying even harder now, and reach around and find my phone and call Kristen.
"Hey Taylor," She says cheerfully.
"Kristen I got in an accident," I get out through the tears, and thankfully she actually understood what I said.

"Where are you? We're on our way," She said slightly out of breath.

"I'm about a mile down from David's house," I hear her and other people get in the car and start driving, and she keeps telling me that it's going to be okay. How is it going to be okay? I've probably totaled my car and the guy I love more than anything doesn't want anything to do with me.

Within a few minutes, I see Scott's Tesla pull up, and Todd and Kristen jump out. Scott's right behind them, and they carefully pull me out of the car.

I collapse into tears in Todd's arms, and he pulls me toward him to help calm me.

"He didn't forgive me," I cry into his shirt.

"It's okay Taylor. You're okay," He says before leading me back to the Tesla.
Todd leads me into the back seat and he follows, pulling me on his lap. I knew I didn't have any serious injuries, so going to the hospital wouldn't be necessary.
I gripped onto him the entire ride back, and once we got back, they cleaned up the cut on my head and gave me some Advil to help my headache, and I drifted off to sleep.

Why is my life such a mess?

~~

David's not forgiving her!! What is she going to do?