Chapter 35

And here I am. Back on my couch. Back to not eating, back to not showering. However, this time, I won't even talk at all to anyone.
They've tried thinking of ideas to get me off of the couch, Mark's contacted me, nothing will work. I've officially hit a low.

Everyone says they haven't talked to David, and David hasn't uploaded in weeks, so I have no idea how he even is. He honestly could be dead and I wouldn't know.

It's been officially two weeks since I talked to David and got into my little car accident. My car has been in the shop, and it'll be fine. I thankfully didn't have any major injuries except for a couple of scrapes, so I healed quickly. My heart, however, I can't say the same.

Kristen comes in interrupting my thoughts, holding a bag of goldfish and my phone. I was confused because I thought I left my phone in my car.

"I have your phone," She says showing me, however, I can't take my eyes off of the goldfish. They've always been my favorite.

"The shop gave it back a few days ago but I didn't think you'd want it," She moves my legs so she can sit on the couch.

"I have a plan to help David know you're not lying," She says and I look at her, signaling her to continue.

"You need to call Austin and have him confess. I'll record it and show David," She says, and I sit up.

"Do you really think it'll work?" I croak out, seeing as how I haven't said very many words in the past few weeks.

"I'm not sure. But won't it feel better knowing he knows the truth?" She asks and I sigh.

"Hand me my phone," I say and she smiles widely. She takes her phone out and turns the voice memo on as I dial the number. I put my phone on speaker, so we can record.
"Hello?" Austin's voice comes through the voice, startling me slightly.
"Hey, Austin it's Taylor,"
"Oh hey, Taylor. What's up?" You could practically hear his smirk through the phone.

"I've just been thinking of what you said when I was back in Dallas," I say, trying to hide the shakiness of my voice. I only have one shot to do this.

"Oh have you?" He asks, cockiness dripping from his voice.

"Yeah. I just need to hear you say it again so I know you meant it," I give Kristen a weird look, and she gives me a thumbs up.

"Well, you know how I feel Taylor. You belong with me," He says and I smile slightly at him confessing what he did.

"I just don't know what to do," I say to him.
"Well, what do you mean?"
"I obviously still have feelings for David," I say and I hear him sigh.

"He didn't run when he saw you kissing me?" He asks.

"I didn't kiss you. You kissed me," I correct.

"Well yeah I obviously have feelings for you," He says.
"Can you just answer one question for me?" I ask and Kristen gives me another thumbs up. She looks like she's enjoying this even more than I am, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

"Sure," He says, probably expecting me to ask him if he really likes me, or something cheesy like that.

"Did you kiss me because you saw David behind me?"

"I mean that's not the only reason I kissed you but I saw the opportunity and I took it," I look at Kristen, and she signals me to wrap it up.

"Okay thanks, Austin," I say and hang up before he can say anything else. Kristen and I start squealing, as it went way better than expected.

"What's going on in here?" Scott asks walking in the room.

"We're going to get David back," Kristen says.

**

I'm standing outside David and my house again, but this time I have Kristen, Scott and Todd with me. Kristen wanted to come, just to help as a witness, and Scott offered us a ride. Todd, well Todd just wanted to come along so he wasn't home alone.

I try to knock but pull my hand away, fear suddenly taking over. Instead, Kristen knocks and I jump back slightly, not expecting it.

After a few minutes, David comes to the door, and although he looks slightly better, he still looks like hell.
"Oh hey guys," He says before he notices me. His eyes land on me, and they trace my body, taking in every detail.

"We need to talk," Kristen says walking into the house. I hold back a chuckle over how dominant she is being, and follow everyone else in.
We all congregate on the couches that face each other, making it ideal for this situation.

"What did we need to talk about?" David asks, avoiding any eye contact with me. Not that I can pinpoint him though. I'm doing the same thing.

"Taylor didn't cheat on you," Kristen says and David sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Okay I'm not going over this," He says standing up, but Scott gave him some kind of man bro type look telling him to sit back down, and it worked because he did.

David just looks at Kristen to continue who just looks at me. I look back at her in fear, but I talk anyway.

"David I promise you I would never cheat on you. I'm not doing this to try to win you back, you can make your own decision. I just want you to know the truth about what happened," I plead to him, and the sadness in his eyes makes me want to cuddle him up in a hug, but I hold myself back.

"What happened then," He says blandly.

"We have a recording of Austin admitting to only kissing me because you were right behind me. He's been trying to get with me, and saw leverage," I say as Kristen pulls out her phone, hitting play.

As the tape plays, I watch David's facial features. He looks confused, sad, and disappointed, all of which are caused by me. He doesn't really change his expression through the whole video which makes me nervous, especially when he doesn't say anything once the recording ended.

We all sit there watching him, the wait killing me.

"So?" Todd finally asks the question we all wanted to ask.

"I missed you so fucking much," David says, jumping up and pulling me in a hug. I hear Kristen squeal behind me, but I can't even get myself to focus on that. All I'm focused on is David's scent that I've missed so much, how his body feels, how he makes me feel.

I can't believe I have him back.

I can't believe I can finally call him mine once again.

~~

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS STORY

i know the ending is kind of extremely abrupt, however i thought that it was a great place to finish!!

i hope you guys enjoyed the story, and thanks for reading!!