Chapter 14

4/16/05 - 1:05PM  - Observation Room - Fort Riley, KS

        The situation room was completely in motion.  Major Hardy was on the phone contacting with the air national guard units to get eyes in the skies whether it be chopper or private aircraft.  Necessary to perform searches but also to prevent an escape.  Steve though seated relayed every scrap of information with photos of this Diana Prince to circulate alongside a notice that a Clark Kent was in probable proximity to said woman.  Major Charles as Colonel Napier's subordinate organized the battalions to move as soon as called upon.  In the midst of this General Lane was commanding it all.

"Make sure I get those reports coming. Make sure that any news gets to me as a quickly as possible." Lane replied.  "Sergeant patch me a line to Colonel Napier, I need to know if he's..."

"Sir we've got something!" Steve called.

"What is it?" 

"Smallville's sheriff's department had an incident ten minutes ago, a woman matching the description of the photo's we have shot up a local coffeehouse in the town.  No casualties were reported but at least three have been assaulted.  Two of them civilians and the other being the town's Sheriff.  She's armed with what victims called two gold semi-automatic pistols... and we got what sounds like a patrol car stolen by a woman who yanked the door off as easy as tuna can.  The scared deputy reported that a Clark Kent who he was escorting away from the scene was in the car as the woman drove off. Their seems to be a pursuit going on."

"Get those roadblocks ready!" Lane said. "Nobody leaves the town."  Lane then turned his attention to Major Charles.  "Come with Major have your captains form their companies have them meet at the perimeter of the town tell Colonel Napier to assume command we are going in now."

"Yes Sir!" the Major cried out as he and the General left in the

Steve looked confused at what he was seeing stood up to say more to the General.  "What a minute where are you going sir?"

"You heard me Captain. Or shall we add hearing problems as well as to being insubordinate?"

"Sir you are authorized to send troops, not be there yourself, have one of your brigadiers enter the town your place is here."

"My brigadiers are on their way per my instructions to occupy any town.  In order to know if I should, I must asses the situation myself.  Now there is a chase going on, coordinate intelligence to every security camera, traffic light I don't care if there is one hundred or one you give me all the support from the NSA, because if you don't find those two I swear you'll seeing snow bombing missions while you scan Russian radar activity in Alaska for the rest of you life.  Are we clear, Captain?"

"Yes sir."  Steve replied automatically as the general left the room.

"Keep your eyes open for anything fellas because if this woman is as dangerous as we've been told things could get pretty rough."