Chapter 42

4/19/05 - 7:00AM  - Kent Farm - Smallville, KS

        Clark Kent woke up refreshed and ready to start his day.  He looked outside feeling unbelievably wonderful as he put on his shirt and sweats back on as he returned to the house were he took his shower and made it downstairs for breakfast as his father had gotten some juice, milk, toast and cereal ready as Clark ate quickly and ran off to school.

***

        Eventually the rest of the day went off in a blur as he was in such a good mood. He eventually made it to the Talon as Lana looked at him strangely at him at first.  He didn't understand why then he spoke to Lois for some time.  Eventually he found Chloe and also wondered why she was looking at him very strangely.

***

        He arrived at home where his mother had prepared a meat loaf for dinner as Clark and his parents were happily talking about their day until Lois decided to join them for dinner to which Clark welcomed as Lois started to look at him strangely as well.  Only this time unlike Lana or Chloe she actually spoke up.

"Okay Smallville what the heck is going on?"

Clark didn't understand what Lois was asking as he wondered what she was talking about.

"This super good mood you've been having lately.  Lana looked bothered when she saw you come into the Talon as well as Chloe and now I'm noticing it as well."

"Noticing what?"

"Smallville, don't take this the wrong way, but...  Are you high?"

"Lois?!" Jonathan and Martha spoke up at the same time.

"Its just that you seem particularly happy all of a sudden I mean I know you and Lana have been on the fence but it seemed that the past few days you seemed particularly gloomy what with prom coming.  You don't seem to be finding Lana unavailable for prom not as big a deal as it was a few days ago.  Chloe and I are noticing it too.  Oh and by the way when are you ever happy to see me at your kitchen table for dinner?  Are you sure you are okay?"

"I'm fine Lois."

"Maybe you two should talk with him alone." said Lois as she left for his room.

Jonathan and Martha waited after Lois had gone before they started to talk with Clark.  Jonathan started first.  "So Clark are you sure you are okay.  I mean if you have found any red Kryptonite again please tell us now."

"Of course not dad I just feel good that's all."

"Well if that's how you feel then there is still plenty of strawberry pie from that Friday you came back from the Talon."

"Sure, why not."

        Clark then found the tin with the promised slice of strawberry pie as he placed it on a plate.  Yet no sooner that he did he put down his plate feeling a little disappointed.  Lois then came downstairs believing that the Kents had had a talk with Clark when she noticed he looked a little gloomy.  As far as she was concerned he looked to be back to normal until he decided to speak.

"Do we have any strawberry ice cream?"

"I saw some in the freezer, help yourself Clark." offered Jonathan.

Clark found a larger plate and then slapped a big scoop of strawberry ice cream next to his pie as he ate happily away and eventually decided to go to sleep earlier.

Martha, Jonathan and Lois then looked at each other a bit shocked as they saw how content Clark was.

"You are sure he is not on drugs."

"Pretty sure Lois" said Jonathan.

"Well there is one other... no forget it.  In fact I think I'll turn in myself.  Goodnight guys I hear from Chloe and Lana that they are setting up Prom candidates for tomorrow. I wonder what Chloe is going to do after her story in the Torch comes through.

Lois went to Clark's room to get some sleep as the strangest idea popped in her head about a guy in a red cape.  Wondering why she was thinking it, unaware of the hologram recording that had been shown to her the day before.  But then came the other idea that she didn't want to think.  Did Smallville meet a girl last night?