Chapter 6

4/16/05 - 8:23AM - Crater Lake - US Naval Diving and Testing Grounds - Smallville, KS

        To say the guard on duty was bored out of his mind was a monumental understatement.  For good reason of course, let it be a lesson to never get drunk and have a marvelous time with a gorgeous woman who happens to be a captain's daughter.  Hours of ridiculous guard duty watching over a series of nearly abandoned firing ranges sitting in an office while the officer on the watch, the only officer in this place looked over his shoulder.

"Seaman Deodato." the officer spoke.

"Sir."

"Look sharp and inform the guard at the gate he's got someone coming to see me right now."

"Yes sir!" he replied to the officer and turned to his radio to the channel at the gate. "This is Seaman Deodato. Report."

The voice at the other end sounded almost as board as he was, yet answered pretty crisply from military discipline.  "What is it?"

"You've got a car coming in. Prepare to receive them."

***

        The guard at the gate got up and stood to receive a taxi. From the taxi came a female NCO in crisply ironed Navy Blues.  For a moment he was out of breath as he saw a pair of pretty gorgeous legs, although decently covered, were pretty long.  The rest looked pretty decent with a chest that was bulging yet still managed to revel not a glimmer of skin.  Her face looked okay, but seemed to be blocked by a pair of thick regulation issue glasses that made her look like a cross between a librarian or a school teacher.  Though as she got closer he saw a very beautiful oval face with very pouty lips.

"Petty Officer Diana Prince to see Ensign Moulton." she declared as she presented her credentials out of a black satchel to the guard.

        The guard took the credentials and motioned her to the office at the far side of the facility, seeing her first to a meager staff car.  The car took her to a very small building that was visible across by less than a hundred yards.  From the drive Diana noticed a very small number of US sailors keeping in sync as the jogged around the perimeter.  To call this a base was a terrible understatement.  Yet she noticed a firing range and several men and very few women letting off some rounds.  While disciplined they didn't have any fight in them.  It was a disappointment.

        The driver of the staff car having picked her up didn't speak a word until he dropped her at the office.  "There you go ma'am."

"Well done sailor."

        She entered the officer as the man sitting behind the desk looked upon her as he addressed her.  "Petty Officer Prince?"

"Yes, sailor?"

"Take a seat please.  Ensign Moulton will be with you shortly."

        Diana sat down by a small set of chairs as she removed her hat placing it her lap while the case remained at her feet.

        Seaman Deodato looked her over and noticed by the looks of the Petty Officer that she appeared to be really pretty.  Seeming to have a nice figure under that outfit of hers.  Yet those glasses gave him memories of the mean librarians at his school and after removing her hat which revealed a sharply pulled dark hair in a very tight bun.  There's one girl that won't give me a demotion. His thoughts ended almost at the same time Ensign Moulton appeared.  Diana stood up with her hat to her side and case in hand with a ramrod posture and awaited his recognition of her.

"Petty Officer Prince?"

With a click of her heels coming together she addressed in a clear voice. "Yes, sir!"