Chapter 29

4/17/05 - 8:00AM  - Smallville, KS

Diana got to her knees as she slowly shook Clark awake. With a smile on his face he spoke up.

"Diana?" said Clark sleepily as he opened his eyes and saw her beautiful face.  After everything bad that had happened the day before he had to admit it was so great to begin his day seeing her.

"Yes. Its me Kal-El and good morning.  Time to wake up we've got a lot to do.  Your mother is already making breakfast, now come on get up."

Clark yawned as he got out of bed and saw his mother and father already in the kitchen preparing a really good breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes ,orange juice, coffee and milk.  This would make any great Sunday breakfast if there wasn't the threat of psycho ready to kill him at a moments notice.

Everybody sat down already dressed as the prepared themselves to leave once they were done eating.  Chloe for first time truly wondered what was the reason for Diana and Clark's outfits.  They were so similar to each other only Diana had some star designs on her clothes, a very American girl style look to her.  Diana told her that her outfit was very much the same style of the American flag from Steve's shoulder insignia as a way to be open towards his nation  and  she would dress in similar colors for her it was a reminder that she could be in her outfit at a moment's notice.

Chloe really wanted to see Diana go all warrior princess, but was ready to accept that when things became necessary.  As for Clark, Diana always felt that it was more than just his favorite colors.  When he became the great hero he his costume would be a cry back to the old Kryptonian warriors who's colors of red, blue and yellow where the colors responding to their status of the mighty knights of the Sapphire Guard.  For the House of El was a line of noblemen who carried the honor of their forebears every day on their chests.

Chloe really became amazed. Clark Kent farm boy and intrepid reporter in training was a nobleman. 

        Jonathan and Martha continued to eat in silence, what hostility they had for Diana was almost non existent.  Yet even they were beginning to wonder why Clark and Diana were sharing such reserved looks toward each other.  They knew that their son had a very lonely life but they didn't want him to take advantage or be taken advantage of.  After he failed with Lana and was horribly manipulated by Alicia, they warned him that despite how he felt he should be careful.  Yet Martha never gave up on him, 'There is someone out there for you' was becoming her mantra for Clark.  But right now they all needed to concentrate upon their survival.

Few words were said and only satisfied appetites from a happy group of people.  They relaxed for a little while talking about what happened the day before.  Even Chloe wasn't going to let what happened with Lois and Lana disregard the kind conversation that happened before as they talked about their time in Mrs. Marston's dress shop.

Martha and Chloe still found it amazing that Diana was allowed permission to try it on.  Chloe still found it great that she was able to get one up on Dawn Stiles.  Even Diana agreed that girl was supremely selfish.  Martha wanted to meet with Mrs. Marston and hopefully be invited to see her try that dress on.

"When I was with Jonathan the first time in Smallville I couldn't help but think how beautiful it was.  I remember asking Liz if I could try it on, but she was completely opposed to me touching it.  Just touching it!  She told me she was waiting for the goddess to walk into the door one day to try it on.  Looks like she found her goddess."

"Demigoddess actually." Diana corrected.

"Oh you should show her how you convinced her, do your pose."