Chapter 4. Love The Way You Lie

Bria's POV

Marcus and I woke up the next day in each other's arms. We were both sore from what happened yesterday. Marcus's face was scratched up from when I slapped him. My entire body was bruised and cut. Dried blood was every where.

"Hey..you ok?" Marcus said looking deep in my eyes. It felt like he was staring into my soul. He hasn't looked at me like that in a while.

"Yeah I'm ok I guess... My body hurts." I say trying to sit up. Marcus picks me up softly and carries me bridal style into the bathroom and sits me on the sink counter. He then grabs a piece of tissue and wets it with alcohol and begins wiping my face. I flench because it burns.

"Sorry baby. But I gotta clean you up." Marcus says while wiping my face up. After about 5 minutes of Marcus wiping my face up, he told me to turn around.

I turned around and looked into the mirror to see my face. Besides the bruises I saw me. The real me. The one I use to know. Tears began to fall. I got off the sink and limped into the bed room. The floor was covered with blood. Mine and Marcus's. We really messed each other up, Marcus had scratches all over his face. My face was just bruised my body was still covered in blood and was cut up and bruised as well. Dang we really did it this time.

Marcus POV

For her to be that short she can fight. That's the first time she ever hit me. I've seen her fight plenty of times and she did damage but I never thought it was that bad. I'm done. I'm done beating her. I'm done being controlling. I'm done treating her badly. I'm done with it all. I have got to make this right before I lose her.

Bria POV

As I looked around the room all I could think about was everything that's happened this year. The arguments, the bruises, the cuts, me losing my child. everything. I'm done. I'm done with arguing. I'm done with abuse. I'm done with everything. Mainly and most importantly, I'm done with Marcus.

I get down on my knees and look under my bed and grab a suitcase full of papers. I stand back up and put the suit case on my bed. I open the suit case and see all the papers. The papers I need stand out. Marcus walks into the room as I grab the papers and put the suit case under the bed.

"What's that?" Marcus ask pointing to the papers. I hand the papers to Marcus and walk toward the door and turn around and say "I'm done." And I walk out.