Chapter 5. Love The Way You Lie

2 years later

Bria's POV

I was in footlocker looking around at shoes for my daughter. Yes I said daughter. It turns out I was pregnant with twins and I lost one baby. Marcus and I got a divorce and I haven't seen him since I walked out of that court room. Mya was holding my hand as we walked out of foot locker and she asked me the question I dreaded the most.

"Mommy who's my daddy?" She said looking up at me with her big brown eyes. She had skin like Marcus and my eyes and Marcus nose. She looked just like him except my eyes and lips.

"Well..." I was bout to say something but I ran into someone.

"Yo watch where you go... What's up bri?" I looked up to see Marcus looking down at me smiling. Damn he looked so good.

"Ummm h-hi..." I said. I was scared. Not for my life but cause Marcus doesn't know about mya. Marcus and I stare at each other for a minute.

"Mommy who he?" Mya says looking at me and pointing to Marcus. Marcus looks at mya and then looks at me.

"Bria..." Marcus starts out. Then my sister layzah comes up and picks mya up.

"Oh hell no. Tell me y'all not back together." Layzah says looking at me.

"Well talk later Shae. But can you take mya for me? I got some explaining to do with Marcus." Layzah nodded and I gave her myas bag and her and mya walked into the toy store.

"Let's go and talk..." Marcus said and we both walked to the food court.

******

Marcus and I were sitting at the food court. We had just finished eating and were sitting there silent.

My phone had buzzed so my phone lit up and the screen saver on my phone was of her. He grabbed my phone and looked at it.

"She looks like me..." Marcus said looking up from my phone to me.

"Yeah..." I said looking down playing with my fingers.

"Why didn't you tell me bri?" Marcus said giving my phone back to me.

"Cause i didn't even know I was pregnant. I found out literally when I was giving birth to her. She could have died Marcus. I didn't have no one sign I was pregnant. I gained a little weight and that was all."

"But it's been two years Ambria. You've had two years to tell me about her. I want to be in her life."

I'm not sure if I want Marcus in my life. But my child need a father. Who else will teach her about how boys are? I've been with Marcus my entire life. He's my first boyfriend and husband. As a parent it's not about what you want. It's what your child wants. And I know for sure mya wants her father in her life.

"Are you busy on Saturday?" I asked Marcus.

"I got practice but practice ends at 12. Why?" Marcus said

"Here." I grabbed Marcus hand and he shocked me. He looked up at me and smiled.

"We still got that connection." I looked down fast cause his smile always got me. I wrote my address on his hand and grabbed his phone. "Don't!" I cut his phone on and a picture of a girl popped up.

"Your new girlfriend?" I asked looking up at him. I have to admit it hurt a little but I got to get over it.

"Yeah..." He said.

"Hmm ok." I said. I got into his phone and put my number in.

"Call me before you come over." I said getting up. Marcus got up too and I gave him his phone.

"Ok." I began to walk away and Marcus grabbed my hand and hugged me.

"I'll call you ok?" Marcus said letting me go

"O-ok." And with that we walked away. I got to tell Shae bout this one.