19

*Bella's POV* *One week later*

   It's been a week since Shawn left my house. He never texted me back.  I guess he's actually listening to his manager...

   This past I didn't go to school. My mother and I had a meeting with a principal where we talked about this whole situation. He said he didn't encourage me missing the week but that he'd understand if I did. I felt like it was the best decision I could make, and I don't think I'm ready to go back.

   My mother has asked for some off days.  Luckily her boss has been really nice about the whole situation. Today my father is coming over for the first time since forever. As you can guess it's to talk about this whole situation as well.

   I personally feel like it has died down a bit. A few rumors are going on still because I guess people want to keep it alive.

"Your dad is here." My mom gives me a half smile.

My mother and father haven't seen each other for a few years. So I can just imagine how awkward this must be.

"Hope this goes well." I smile at my mom.

We go to the door and I open it up.

"Hey girls." My dad smiles at us.

"Hi, dad." I give him a hug.

We let him in and offer him a drink.

"So would you like to explain what happened?" He asks me.

"You have no idea how many times I've heard that question." I smile.

"Well, you got some explaining to do." He says.

"All I can say is he came, I fell, and he left." I tell my father.

My dad lifts an eyebrow and I tell him the whole story.

"Wow. I can't believe they had the audacity to treat you that way... Did no one from the school say anything?" He asks.

"Once I ran out the door all I heard was "HEY YOU CAN'T DO THAT." I say.

He rolls his eyes.

"We had a meeting with her principal this Monday." My mom says. "And he was expecting her to go to school. "

"What an idiot. How about the boy?" My father asks.

"What about him?" I ask.

"What happened to him? Have you heard from him?"

"No." I look down to the floor. "His manager said losing contact with each other would be the best..."

"OF COURSE! TYPICAL TEENAGE BOY SHIT!" My dad gets all worked up.

"Calm down Jeremy." My mom tells him.

"No! Alessia it's not okay! He came he led her on and he just freaking left her all emotional and worked up."  My dad argues.

"You don't know him, Jeremy." My mom defends Shawn.

"Wow, I can not believe this." My father says shaking his head. "How can you live with her?"

"Don't start Jeremy." My mom get's mad at his comment.

This is why they're not together.

"Why not Alessia? You're defending someone who is hurting our daughter!"

"Dad please." I say.

"Bella come live with me." He turns to me.

Woah.

"Jeremy you are not taking her." My mom starts walking towards me.

"It's her choice, not your's." He tells her.

Why is he doing this?!!? He left us now he's trying to take me? There is no way that I would leave my mom. My mom has done everything to have this house, to keep me safe, to give me everything I have. There is no way I'm leaving with my father.

"I've been here for so long and you suddenly want to take her because one mistake Jeremy?!?!"

"My answer is no. Sorry, father." I say and walk to room.

"There you go." My mom tells him.

"Alessia she's obviously not okay with you." I hear my dad tell my mom.

I go to my room and grab my phone.

To Shawn: I wish I had you right now...

*Shawn's POV*

    It's been a week since the whole mess went down. I think the drama has cooled off a bit. There have been rumors speculating on who gave the address out to the paps. I can say I'm still a little hurt but I'm trying to let it go.

    This whole week my sister and I have been just bonding. Once in a while, she asks me about Bella. I try to talk about her the least as possible. She saw me as nothing when I saw her as my everything...

   Earlier I received a text from Bella saying "I wish I had you right now..." I was so tempted in answering but I can't. I just can't. Andrew deleted her number from my phone but I know it by memory. So I always know it's her.

    Right now Aaliyah and I having a Disney movie marathon in our living room. We went out to buy snacks and all that. I've really have been enjoying these past week with my sister. It has been great.

"Shawn."  Aaliyah says.

"Yes?" I say taking my attention away from the screen and onto her.

"I know you don't like me talking about this but." She says.

Bella. I don't know why she doesn't drop her.

"Aaliyah please...." I say.

"Please just hear me out." She pleads.

"What is it?" I asked half smiling.

"I saw the interviews. The video from each source that taped her saying those words, and I can see it in her eyes that she didn't mean it. You could tell she was afraid. Shawn, you got to know them. You know how they are. The media portrayed her mom as some crazy lady. But is she really? I don't think so." Aaliyah tells me.

I look at the floor just taking every word she says in.

"I know how Andrew is prohibiting you from seeing her. Did you ever take a moment to think that he made her say that?" She tells me.

Oh my god. She's right. Why did I never think of that?

"Come on Shawn. You more than anyone should know how this works." She says.

"You're right." I come to my senses. "I need to go see her!" I say getting up.

I run upstairs to grab my keys and run to the door.

I open it up and right infront of me is Andrew.

"Where are you going?" He asks lifting an eyebrow.

F*ck.