23

*Bella's POV*

It's the third day staying at my dad's. We just finished having dinner. The person I've gotten closest to is Noah. I feel like he's the most chill. Alexa is fine but every time we have a moment together I feel like all she wants to know about is Shawn. Liam is just Liam.

During these three days and my father has been spoiling me a lot! He got me my own credit card and put 20,000 dollars in it and apart of that, he took me shopping for clothes. This is way too much. I told him I didn't want it but he never lets me say no. He says it's to make up for the years he hasn't been there. Not sure how money is supposed to make up your presence.

"Let's go play some tennis?" Noah asks.

"Sure. Just let me change." I say.

I go up to my room and change into some black leggings, black crop top, and my black Nike sports shoes.

"I'm ready," I say as he waits across the hall.

"Let's go." He smiles and we go out into the tennis court.

We grab our equipment and play a few rounds.

"Here's some lemonade." Patty comes with two glasses.

"Thank you." We say as she places it down on the table.

Noah tosses the ball and hits it and I miss it.

"Hah! Beat you."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes.

We both sit down and drink our lemonade.

"You've been enjoying yourself?" Noah asks.

"Yeah." I smile. "It's been fun. I do miss my mom though."

This is why I like Noah. He asks just about me and doesn't bring up Shawn.

"I would too if I was you. Have you talked to her?"

"Yeah on the first night I came, I've been texting her lately," I say.

"That's good." He takes another sip of his lemonade.

"Noah," I say.

"Yes?" He responds.

"I want to thank you for being so kind to me." I tell him.

"Why wouldn't I be kind to you?" He grins.

"Everyone is so interested in Shawn. They see me and just think Shawn Mendes. I'm much more than a video."

"I know you are." Noah says. "I don't care about him. I'm not going to judge you on what's on the internet. "

He's so pure.

"I just wish everyone saw it that way." I tell him.

"Look Alexa is just a fangirl. Liam is just Liam. Not sure how to explain him." He tells me.

"Even dad is always asking me about it."

"That's because he cares. It's a big deal for him since he's a parent. " He tries to comfort me.

"Thank you." I smile at him. "I've never really opened up to anyone about it. It's a big deal, you know? Just feel like I don't have anyone to talk about it too. Or at least I did."

"I can't say I know because I really don't. But if you want to talk about it with me I'm always going to want to listen. Not for the gossip but for you to get off any pain off your chest." Noah says.

"I hated him..." I say.

Noah looks at me confused.

"My group of friends was obsessed with him. I never understood why. Yeah, he looked attractive but I never saw much in him."

"I agree." He chuckles.

"Then one day he showed up at my house. Every other girl would've thought it was a dream but I knew that it was a bad thing. I disliked his guts, but we ended up getting along."

"May I ask why he went?" Noah asks.

"Some reason between both moms." I say.

"Oh okay. Continue." He says.

"We become inseparable. Our two worlds involved around each other and that's all we wanted." I say.

"Did you guys fall inlove?" He asks.

"This one week I had a school project and I had to bring my friends over they found him... The one that was obsessed with him the most found him in our guest room. We had like a day or two that was fine they had no clue he was there. But a stupid bathroom trip costs it all. " My eyes start to tear up.

"Bathroom trip?" Noah asks confused.

"My room doesn't have a bathroom so they had to use the hallway bathroom. One girl went in, and the other girl waited for her turn while my other friend and I went down to get something to drink. I guess she couldn't hold it and she opened the guest room and that's where he was staying at."

"oh." He says pursing his lips.

"We asked them to keep their mouth shuts and they did. It changed things between them and I. Except for one of my friends. For Shawn and I, everything was hard, we had an argument that morning, everything looked wrong." I explain.

"Don't tell me he thought you did it? He must be so full of himself." Noah rolls his eyes.

"If he did think that I wouldn't blame him. I probably would've thought the same. But I definitely did not do it purpose. The least I would ever want to do is hurt him."

I have to take away something. I want my feelings out but I don't want to expose him.

"We got past it and continued to be like before. Until that video was posted. It ended me and him. He has this other type of lifestyle that is way different than mine. He lives differently, and I don't think I can understand." I say.

"He's a celebrity. Of course, he lives differently." Noah says. "What happened afterward?"

"His manager came and he told me what I had to say to the press. Then he said we can't see each other anymore..." I say as a tear starts streaming down my face.

"You love him." Noah says wiping the tear from my face.

"We got so attached." More tears start escaping my eyes. "I knew he was going to leave someday but not in those terms."

The thought of it makes me cry harder.

"Hey." Noah cups my face.

"I love him." I blurt out crying even more.

I love Shawn Peter Raul Mendes.