28

*BELLA'S POV*

Today was the day. The day. Elijah and I agreed on a place to meet, he told me today they land back home. They have the day off before tomorrow's final concert.

Elijah gave me a location of a nice private cafe, and I'm currently at it. I fiddle with my hands over thinking all of this.

I wonder what he's going to say. Why would he want to speak to me? When Shawn clearly doesn't. I check the time and it's been past ten minutes of the time he told me to meet. What if this was a prank? Photoshop exists. 

"Hi, I'm sorry I'm late." I feel my shoulder get tapped.

I turn around and see Elijah. I felt relieved.

"Hi it's fine." I say as he sits.

"Let's order something." He says calling over a waitress.

We both ended up getting iced coffee.

"So.." I say.

"How are you?" He asks.

"Fine, yourself?" I ask.

"Good." He says.

"Why did you reach out to me?" I ask Elijah.

"I want to talk about Shawn." He tells me.

"Why after so long? It's been a very long time." I say. "Does he know you're here?"

"No but." He says but I don't let him finish his sentence. 

"Time has passed and we're over this. We both have moved on. There's no point in shaking things up again. Shawn made his decision, the both of us are fine with the way things are right now." I tell Elijah as we receive our coffee's. 

"So you wouldn't be interested in seeing him again?" He asks me.

My heart sunk.

"I-I I'm not a-allowed." I say stuttering as my heart starts to race.

"And why not?" Elijah asks me.

"H-his manager." I say.

"Bella, there's a way for you guys to see each other again. I have a plan." He tells me.

"Elijah, Shawn doesn't want to talk to me." I say taking a sip of my ice coffee.

"How do you know that?" He lifts a brow.

"For someone who promised he wouldn't stop talking to me that rubbed off pretty quick." I explain myself.

"Well the Shawn I know can't stop talking about you." He says and my face lights up.

He still talks about me?

"Bella, there's not a day that passes where he doesn't mention you. He misses you so damn much. There's an explanation for everything and he can tell you. Who do you think There's Nothing Holding Me Back is about? It's about you Bella! Shawn tells me a lot, and you're one of the people he most cares about." Elijah tells me leaving me shocked.

"Oh." I say taking all of his words in.

"All I need to know is if you're in for this, Bella." Elijah says.

Every memory I've had with Shawn was flooding through my head. From the day I met him till the last day I was with him. 

My heart's beating like crazy and my mind isn't in it's right place.

Am I even ready to see Shawn? Am I even emotionally prepared to face him? See him and not understand why he shut me off. Even worse, see him and get him yanked away from me again. Am I prepared for all the media to be on us again, for the hate comments? I'm not prepared for any of this.

"I d-don't know." I respond.

"Look, I can't force you to do anything but this would really be good for both of you. Please, I beg you to think about it. Here's my number. Please text me an answer as soon as possible. Remember it's tomorrow." He says sliding me a card. "Have a good day.

And with that he was gone. He left me sitting there confused and shooken up.

I grab my stuff and leave the cafe as well. I got into my car and drove back home.

Who do I talk to this about? I'm not sure I even want to talk about this with Sophie.

Mom?

.

.

.

I get home and see my mom's car parked outside.

Perfect.

"MOM!" I yell throwing my bag on the couch.

"In the kitchen." She yells and I run to her. "What's wrong honey?"

"S-Shawn." I say with tears forming up.

"What about him?" She asks me.

I explain to her the whole body guard situation.

"What's holding you back honey?" My mother asks me.

"I'm scared." I say crying.

"Why?" She asks with awe in her eyes.

"Of everything." I sniffle. "Of seeing him, everything that would get started again, the hate, him getting yanked away from me." I cry hard.

My mom embraces me into a hug, "Here's what I know. I know you're a strong independent young smart lady. I know you're a beautiful girl with a gold heart. I also know that what you and Shawn never finished. I know that there's still some feelings there." 

I cry in her arms.

"Here's what I think." She says. "I think that you and Shawn really need to see each other again. I think that you guys need to talk about everything and explain yourselfs."

"What if I can't?" I ask her crying.

"But you can." She tells me. "Do you want to see him?" 

"Yes." I sigh.

"Then do it." My mom tells me.

I pull out my phone and insert Elijah's phone number.

To Elijah: It's Bella, I'm in.