29

*Bella's POV*

I woke up at one in the afternoon, still laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling.

Last night I couldn't sleep at all. I kept tossing and turning drowning in my thoughts. I ended up falling asleep at eight in the morning.

Today's the day where I'm going to meet up with Shawn. Elijah and I met up again and he told me his plan.

I felt nervous and anxious, it's been so long since I've last seen Shawn.

My head kept convincing me that Shawn wouldn't want to see me, when Elijah's words made it seem like the opposite. I don't know what to expect.

The concert tonight starts at seven, Elijah told me I didn't have to be there for the whole thing. He told me I could show up on the last song. I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do. If I'm there early I feel like I'd panick, if I get there late I wouldn't have time to emotionally prepare myself to see him.

"Hun?" My mom says entering my room. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah just a little anxious." I tell her.

I had already explained to my mom about today.

"It'll be okay." She says sitting on my bed. "Let's go downstairs so you can eat."

"Okay." I half smile getting up.

Mother and I went down to the kitchen and the food had already been made.

"Thanks mom." I say sitting down and beginning to eat.

"No problem hun, so what you plan on wearing tonight?" She asks me.

"I'm not sure yet." I respond.

"Gotta look extra beautiful tonight baby!" My mom says laughing.

"Oh stop it." I say.

"You can't reunite with the love of your life looking a little basic, gotta do it like the movies!" Mother continues to laugh.

"It's definitely not like that." I frown. "It's been a while now."

"Mother knows best." She smirks. "So prom is coming up?"

"Yes! Gotta start looking for a dress, I'm late." I say as she reminded me of prom.

"we've got to get on that as soon as possible." Mother tells me.

.

.

.

After I had finished breakfast I went back to my room and watch some netflix, and I ended up taking a nap.

I got up at 5:30 and started to get ready. I showered then started on my makeup. I started from a natural look to a full on glam. I opened my closet and looked through my clothing not knowing exactly what to wear.

By the time I was fully done with myself it was 7. I went downstairs to find my mom.

"Mom, can we talk?"

"Always." She says and we both sit on the couch.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" I ask.

"Yes." She responds.

"Why?"

My mom sighs and grabs one of my hands, "Bella, you guys got yanked away from each other in a really bad and everything was just crazy. It was by force not will."

"But he cut me off..." I say sad.

"You guys need to talk about it, about everything. Give each other answers.The both of you miss each other." Mom tells me.

"How would you know he misses me?" I asked confused.

" I just feel it." She gives me a warm smile.

I say nothing but hug her tightly, "I love you."

"I love you too." She rubs my back. "Now why don't we start looking at some prom dresses.

I agreed and I pulled out my phone.

By the time we finished it was 8:30 p.m, I texted Elijad that I was on my way.

"Goodluck." My mom says watching me get into my car.

.

.

.

I got to the arena and Elijah took me in.

"Almost thought you were going to bail on me." He says running his hand through his hair.

My nerves were killing me so all I could do was let out a fake laugh.

"This is his dressing room, he'll be coming back here after the concert alone. It's not long before the show finishes. The tv will show you what he's performing right now, there's drinks ad snacks. Make yourself comfortable." He smiles at me. "Also, thank you for coming."

"No, thank you." I say and he closes the door.

I sit on the couch and turn the tv on. My heart starts to skip a beat as I see him on the tv.

*Shawn's POV*

"Baby there's nothing holding me back!" I finish singing the last song of the night.

"TORONTO! Thank you for being so amazing tonight. I love you guys." I say and the volume of the room icreases wit screams.

I make my way back stage and give someone my guitar.

"Killed it Mendes!" My manager tells me.

"Thank you!" I say making my way to my dressing room.

"Beautiful Shawn!" Elijah, my bodyguard, tags along.

"Thanks buddy!" I say as we highfive.

"OH I'VE BEEN SHAKING I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GO CRAZY!" he sings.

I laugh and continue the rest, "You take all my inhibitions!" We arrive my dressing room.

"Baby there's nothing holding bac-" I sing opening my dressing room.

My heart and mouth dropped when I saw the person sitting on the couch.

She quickly gets up and fiddles her hands.

"S-Shawn." Bella stutters.

I close my door and run to her taking her into my arms.

"I've missed you so much." I say into her ear feeling tears form in my eyes.

She tightens her arms around my neck and I feel her tears dripping down.

"I'm so sorry." I say.

She lets go and looks into my eyes, "W-why did you cut me o-off?"

"I felt hurt after watching you say that what we had meant nothing to you." I say grabbing hands.

"Shawn, I didn't mean that. Andrew told me that if I cared about you I would say that." Tears still streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry."I say taking her back into a hug. "i'm an idiot."

We pull away and I grab her chin.

I leaned to her locking her lips into mine.

************************************************
Update bc it's Shawn's 20th birthday 😭❤️