27

*Bella's POV*

MANY MONTHS LATER

"I think we went a little beyond our budget." I tell Sophie.

"We deserve it! We've worked so hard." Sophie tells me as we get into her car.

Sophie and I got a job at a smoothie bar and we've been working our butts off. We've also been saving up for prom since it's coming up soon.

"I'm glad we did this." I tell my best friend.

"Me too. We can order some pizza at your house or do you want to go eat some where specific?" Sophie asks me.

"Let's order pizza at home. Or we can postmates something, and we can watch Shane Dawson while we eat."

"Sounds fantastic!" She says as she begins to drive.

.

.

We arrive at my house and Sophie and I give my mom a clothing haul.

"Cute! Do you guys want me to cook anything?" My mom asks.

"No, it's fine. We're going to postmate some food. Do you want any?" I say.

"Depends what you guys get."

Sophie and I agreed on getting some pasta chicken alfredo. It's our favorite food. Today Sophie is going to sleep over, and honestly we've been having a blast today.

We ordered our food and I connected youtube onto my tv. We started watching some of Shane's videos as we waited for the food.

.

.

.

"FOODS HERE!" Sophie yells.

We grab our food and give my mom hers.

"Thanks babies." She says taking her food to her bedroom.

We sat down and continued to watch Shane but this time with our food.

"Let's watch this one. I love it." I tell Sophie and click on the video.

"The food was so bomb." Sophie says taking a sip of water.

"I know, I'm so full." I tell her.

"Great an ad." Sophie says.

"SHAWN MENDES LIVE ON TOUR, COMING NEAR YOU SOON." Is all we heard.

I look down and start fiddling my hands, "Skip it."

"Ah, he's on tour? Hm." Sophie says. "No skip button."

"LAST DATE TO SEE HIM IN YOUR TOWN, TORONTO CANADA. THIS WEEKEND PURCHASE TICKETS DOWN BELOW."

Just great.

"I didn't know either." I lie.

The ad finished and Shane's video started playing.

"So you guys really got cut off?" Sophie asks me.

I ignore her and focus on the video. I'm fine without Shawn. He's fine without me.

NEXT MORNING

I woke up at seven in the morning and I looked around. Sophie was next to me basically dead. I felt confused as to why I woke up so early after sleeping late last night. I tried making myself go back to sleep but it just wasn't working. I grabbed my phone and went through my notifications.

My eye caught an odd one, it was an email.

From: elijah07business@gmail.com

To: bella@gmail.com

Subject: Business

Dear Bella,

I am reaching out to you apart of Shawn Mendes official team. I am his bodyguard and I have contacted you in hopes of meeting up with you and discussing somethings regarding Shawn's final show in Toronto. I hope you respond soon and take this into consideration. There's a lot to talk about. If you have any questions you can respond to this email or text my number xxx-xxx-xxxx

Sincerely,

Elijah

I roll my eyes in disgust. What kind of prank is this? Will people ever drop this?

What if it isn't a prank? What if it's legit?

It can't be. I seriously can't over think this. I've spend a long time without Shawn and I'm okay. There's a time and place for everything and I seriously think it's time to move on. I'm sure he has.

What a coincidence, I see an ad of him yesterday, he's going to be here this weekend for his final show, and I get an email regarding him.

I can't lie to myself and say I don't at least miss him just a little bit. He released a song called "There's Nothing Holding Me Back", at times I would think there was a chance of it being about me, but that's just not possible. My one thought was if he ever thought of me.

"Why are awake so early?" Sophie yawns.

"Don't know how to answer that."

*SHAWN'S POV*

"Tour life is almost over!" I yell as I rush into the kitchen of my suite.

"You've been doing great." Andrew says as he serves us food.

"Hi Elijah." I say.

"Hi." He says looking into his phone.

"Tomorrow we go back to Toronto. You'll have a day to rest before your final show."

"Sounds good." I say digging into my pancakes.

"There's Nothing Holding Me Back, is doing great on the charts right now." Andrew says sitting next to me.

"Told you." I grin. "Have trust in me."

"Start packing right after. We leave early in the morning and tonight you have a concert. Just have everything ready.

I nod my head and continue to eat.

*Bella's POV*

"Ugh, we have work today." I groan to Sophie.

"We have saturday and sunday off, stop complaining." Sophie throws a pillow at me.

"Did you bring your work clothes?" I ask her.

"Duh." She says.

"Let's go get some breakfast." I say grabbing my phone.

We both went downstairs and Sophie said she'd make breakfast. My mom already had left to work.

I kept thinking about the email I received.

Should I respond??

Thoughts kept filling my head and I finally brought myself to answer.

From: bella@gmail.com

To: elijah07business@gmail.com

Subject: Business

Dear Elijah,

How do I know this is real and not some moron pranking me? It seems odd to me for "Shawn's bodyguard" to randomly email me. I need proof it's really you.

I click send and wait on a response. Part of me was hoping it was a prank, the other was hoping it was legit.

Within a matter of minutes I got a respond.

"How can I prove it? Name anything."

Hmm.

"Take a selfie with Shawn while you have four fingers in the air and wink in the selfie."

I wait for a response, I was nervous to see what I was going to get in return.

"IMAGE ATTATCHED"

I open the email and there it was. The selfie exactly how I asked for it. Shawn looked perfect.

"Alright where do we meet up?"