Chapter 5

Luke's POV

We were watching Persuit of Happiness. Ash never gets sick of watching it. After it is over we all sigh and Ashton wipes tears from his eyes. He's such a drama queen and a big softie. I'll admit that the first time I watched it I cried a little, but only the first time. Ashton has seen this movie a thousand times and still cries every single time he sees it.

"So guys now that the movie is over i have an announcement" Calum says and we all turn our heads to look at him in confusion, waiting for him to make the announcement.

"What is it Calum?" I asked growing impatient, seeing that he was taking his time. 

"I'm throwing a party on saturday" He said and Ashton jumps from the couch like a lighting just struck him and almost fell. It was kind of funny.

"Really?! I'm totally gonna invite Maggie" He says and then hops to the kitchen while softly laughing. He is going crazy.

"And I'm gonna invite Emma" I said as a smile grew on my face. Perfect scenery to make her believe I want to be her friend and then crush it all down with just one little action that will change her life.

"Luke, what's with the evil smile? And why would you go with her? You don't even like her" Michael said I turn to look at him. He's clueless.

"But we're lab partners" I said as Ash walked back into the room with a bag of chips in hand.

"And? Luke.. You're not hurting this girl on a party" Ashton said and I roll my eyes. I never mentioned hurting her at the party. What's so bad about wanting to know someone more? I'm just interested in her.

"Who said anything about hurting anyone?" I said with an innocent look on my face. Well at least the best one I could pull off. We all know I'm not innocent.

"Just be careful man" Ashton says before getting a fist of chips on his mouth.

-----------

*Next day*

Maggie's POV

*Doorbell rings*

"Coming!" I screamed from upstairs while rushing down the stairs to open the door, but I quickly stop at the mirror and arrange my hair a little. I quickly dry my sweaty palms on my jeans, take a deep breathe and open the door.

"Oh, hey Ashton. Come in" I tell motioning to come in my house, acting like I was totally not looking through the window waiting for the moment his called pulled over at my house. Casual.

"Hey Maggie" He says coming inside my house and closing the door behind him. I quickly move in front of him and smile.

"We're going to work in my room if that doesnt brother you?" I ask him wishing he said it doesn't, while motioning to the stair. "Oh and don't worry there's no one home but us" I tell him to ease him up.

"Oh no don't worry I don't mind. It's your house after all" He said and I giggled, while guiding him up the stairs. We quickly reach my room, which I made sure was as clean and organized as possible before he came, and I opened the door inviting him into my room.

"So now that we're here what are we gonna do for our project?" I ask him once we're settled in my bed, with our binders and science books lying around.

"Umm I don't know. Maybe we can search for some ideas in the internet?" Ashton suggests and I nod at the idea while taking out my laptop ready to start searching.

"Yeah! How about we make solar pannels?" I say finding photos of this, and to be honest they look pretty cool.

"Cool for me. Umm... Hey Maggie..." He starts saying but I quickly cut him off.

"Call me Maggs please" I said and he flashed me a half smile, a shy one, making me see his deep dimples that makes my legs jelly, as I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Well Maggs... I was wondering if maybe you would like to go to this party on saturday at Calum's?" Did I hear him right? Did he just invited me to a party? I smiled and tried to look unaffected, but on the inside I was throwing a party by myself. I'm so happy right now I cant even explain the happiness I was feeling. Ashton finally invited me out. Wait, was this a date? I'm starting to get nervous, but I quickly brush it off. IM GOING OUT WITH ASHTON IRWIN! 

"I would love to. Pick me up at 8:00" I said and he smiled and looked down.

"Okay" He says and goes back to searching for things on Google while I quickly grab my phone to text Emma. I was going to wait until Ashton left, but screw that. I was so excited I couldn't help but tell her straight away.

*texting Emma*

~OMG EMMA! Ash just invited me to Calum's party!

~That's great but... You sure you want to go?

~Of course I do!! And you are coming with me

~But I don't have a date

~We'll find you one then

~Hold on somone's calling me.

Emma's POV

"Hello? Who is this?" I asked after looking at the unknown number on my phone's screen. I don't have many friends and don't give my number to strangers, so how and why would a complete stranger call me?

"It's Luke" I hear Luke's voice said and I mentally groan. This is worse than a stranger. I wish it was someone saying I won a prize, and then be kidnapped by that person than being in the phone with Luke Hemmings.

"What do you want Luke?" I said rather rudely, but hey I don't care. He's the jerk.

"Ouch... Well there's this party on saturday at Calum's. Maybe you wanna come with me?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. Did he really think I would agree to that? Please.

"Now, why would I go with you?" I ask him raising a single eyebrow. He really thinks I'm going to go with me. Well at least willingly. If I go with him its because Maggie made me or because I had to or else the world will collapse... I'm doubting on the second option.

"Because Ash is going with Maggie. You don't wanna leave her out of sight with Ash don't you? Especially when he will be drunk?" He said, making a point. I don't want my best friend to get hurt by a drunk dude, especially one that she's been crushing on since middle school. She would be devastating. And I would be devastated by watching her be devastated.

"UGH! Okay. Fine I'll go with you. Bye" I said quickly hanging up the phone before he could say something else. He's driving me mad, and not in a good way.

*texting Maggs*

~Don't worry about it. I already got a date.

~WHO??

~Tell you later

~K

I don't know how I got myself in this. How did I agree to go with Luke Hemmings to a party?! He must have used witchcraft of some kind, and its working. God kill me please.