Chapter 38

Emma's POV

We're finally going to see the statue of liberty! Luke and I are getting out of the boat and walking to the statue. We have to climb a bunch of stairs (I've never been there. I only watch it from the distance so I don't know how to get to it. I'm just assuming) and then step into an elevator. When we reach the top there's only a few people there so I decide to go the the end and watch everything beneath it. It's a beautiful view. It's funny because if you look at it's shadow from the top it looks like the statue is taking a selfie. I start giggling at the thought of it.

"What's so funny?" Luke ask me from behind, wrapping his hands around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"The shadow of the statue looks like it's taking a selfie" I tell him and now we both start laughing. 

"Wow... I have such a smart girlfriend" He tells me kissing my cheek

"I know" I tell him laughing and turning my face to the side so that I'm looking at him and kiss him. "What time is it?" I ask him pulling away

"12:30" 

"We should get going if we want to eat lunch"

"can we stay here a bit longer?" He ask me with hope in his eyes

"Sure" After about 5 minutes of standing my feet starts to get numb and I sit on the floor

"What are you doing?" Luke asks me laughing

"My feet hurt" I tell him whining. 

"Then I'm sitting next to you" He tells me sitting on the spot next to me

"Haha. I hope they don't make us go for this" I tell him chuckling

"I don't think they will"  "Maybe we can stay here and bring some food to eat dinner here and see how the statue looks at night" He adds after a few minutes of silence

"I would love that" I tell him kissing him. After about 30 minutes of laughing, talking and kissing the place starts to fill and we decide to get going, eat lunch and bring some food for dinner.

"What do you wanna eat?" Luke asked me

"What do you want to eat?"

"I'm fine with anything"

"How about fried bugs then?" I ask him unable to contain my laugh

"Ew! You have some weird tate!!" He tells me laughing too

"Hahahahaha"

"But I love that about you"

"I was kidding, I don't eat fried bugs... Or any kind of bugs" I tell him and we both start laughing harder. 

"Well that's a shame... Your weird love for fried bugs was starting to turn me on" 

"Ew!!!" I tell him and slap him arm playfully

"Really! So.. What do you wanna eat?"

"I don't know.. There are not much restaurants around here" 

"There's a Pizza Hot over there.. And Mc Donalds there" He tells me pointing at the two fast food restaurants.

"Well let's get some Mc Donalds now and at night Pizza Hot, because I can't eat Mc Donalds at night without throwing up" 

"Fine by me" He tells me smiling. 

Once we get in Mc Donalds I go crazy when I see the toys of the Happy Meal. IT'S MINNIE AND MICKEY MOUSE!!!!!!!! 

"What can I get you?" An old woman in the register asks us, with desinterest obvious in her voice as she speak.

"Can I get a nuggets Happy Meal with a medium coke?" I tell the woman ith a smile from ear to ear in my face. 

"Sure" She said looking at me as if I'm crazy 

"And please put Mickie Mouse?" I ask her

"Aren't you a bit grown up for that?" The woman asks me

"No. Now please put Mickey Mouse in my Happy Meal" I tell her with a frown in my face

"Can I have a Angus with large fries and a big coca cola?" Luke says from behind me 

"That will be 10.50$" The woman says and I give her 20 dollars before Luke can give her the money. I look back at him and see and angry expression on his face and I stick my tongue out at him. "Please move to the side of the line" The woman says and we do as she says. 

We take our food and sit in a booth. I take out Mickie from the Happy Meal and open it fast. Once I take it out I ug it and Luke starts laughing at me

"What?" I sk him shooting him a glare

"Nothing.. You look very cute hugging Mickie"

"Thanks" I told him still hugging Mickey

"I'm jealous" He tels me with a hurt expression on his face.

"Don't be. I love you more" 

"But you never hug me like that" He tells me fake crying

" Come here" I tell him sitting next to him and hugging him supper hard. I sit in lap and we start eating still hugging each other tight. I start to give him the fries to his mouth but he wouldn't stop moving his face so I kinda poked his eye with a frie..

"Ouch!!" He says laughing when I accidentally poked his eyes.

"I'm sorry" I tell him laughing and give his closed eye a small kiss. "Better?"

"Much better" He tells me and kisses me. "Mm.. Your mouth tates like coca cola" He tells me 

"That's because I drank coca cola dummy!" 

"You love this dummy" He said

"Yes I do" I tell him and start to kiss him again. 

After we finished eating we walked over to Pizza Hot and ordered a cheese pizza to take out and a chocolate ice cream to eat there. I was sitting in his lap while we were eating it. Well I ate most of it but who cares right? I'm on my period, don't judge -.- 

"Wow.. Are you still hungry?" He asks me noticing I ate almost all the ice cream.

"Nope" 

"You sure?"

"Yes Luke. I'm on my period. I'm always gonna be in the moof for chocolate" I tell him

Luke's POV 

Since I know Emma is on her period I asked one of my friends from here to fill out rom with chocolate and romantic movie. I hope she likes it. I also bought a lot of ice cream and napkins in case she cries. I'm new at this so I don't know if it's enough or if it's all wrong. We were walking back to the Statue of Libety and it's already 7:30. We climb all those stairs again and get to the top. We sit again on the floor but we struggle a little because it's full! We manage to sit and we start eating. 

"You like it here?" I ask Emma

"Yes! I love it!" 

"Haha. I'm glad you do" 

"Have you've been here before?" 

"Yes. The holiday my mom died I came to New York alone and made some friends. When I got back there was a note in the house from my dad saying he was in Miami doing some business and he never came back.."

"I- I'm sorry Luke" 

"Yeah... Me too"

"So.. What's the best thing about New York?"

"Time Sqaure.. Especially in Christmast"

"Well some day I'll come in Christamst and think of you"

"If we come together you're not gonna be thinking of me. You'll be kissing me under the mistletoe" I tell her and she kisses me.

"I certainly prefer Disney for the holidays" She tells me when we pull away.

"I think we're going to Disney for the holidays" I tell her winking an eye.