Chapter 42

Emma's POV

I rush to my room trying to avoid my mother questions by telling her I'm super tired. When I get in my room I see Maggie sitting in the edge of my bed.

"EMMA!" She screams and rushes to hug me.

"HEY!! MAGGS!!! I MISSED YOU A LOT!!" I screamed and hugged her tight but not too tight.

"Tell me everything girl" She demands once we pull away from the hug.

"Well it was amazing. I had a really good time with Luke and New York is beautiful!" I tell her. "Tell me how things are around here. You know.. With Ashton and everything"

"Amazing! He asked me out twice!"

"Really?! Has he kissed you yet??"

"Yes" She tells smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm so happy for you!!"

"Haha thanks"

"Maggs... I kinda need to tell you something" I tell her with a serious face

"Well tell me" She encourages me to tell her and I look down at my stomach. "No" She tells me figuring out what it is.

"Yes" I tell her feeling tears building in my eyes.

"Omg" She tells me and hugs me and I break down in her shoulder. After an hour we go downstairs to find my mother in the kitchen.

"Maggie, are you staying for dinner?" My mom asks Maggie smiling wide

"Sorry Mrs. B, my mom kinda needs me home" Maggie tells my mom and goes. I walk to my room again and close the door. After a few minutes theres a knock in the door.

"Come in" I say through the door and my mom comes in.

"Hey" She greets me sitting at the edge of my bed

"Hey" I tell her half smiling

"I'm making homemade pizza for dinner"

"Sweet"

"Um.. Emma?"

"Yes?"

"There's been some trouble in my job and I kinda need to go out of the city for a few weeks.."

"WHAT?!" I practically scream amazed by what she just told me. "Where are you going?"

"Russia"

"When?"

"Next week" She tells me and I feel my throat closing and I can't breath. I try to catch my breath and after a few seconds air fills my lungs and I sigh in relief. "Why didn't you told me before?" I managed to say.

"Because you were in New York and I've never seen you so happy since your fathers death, so I didn't want to ruin your trip" She tells me and I nod understanding her motives but I can't help but cry

"How long are you gonna be away?" I ask her

"Three weeks. But hey... We have this week"

"Yes" I tell her smiling

"Dinner will be ready in 20. Want me to bring it up for you or you coming downstairs to eat?"

"I'll go grab it from downstairs when I feel like eating"

"Okay" She tells me patting my knee and going out of the room. I turn on the television and put Netflix. I decide to watch White Chicks. I love that movie. Halfway through the movie my stomach starts to growl and I pause the movie and head downstairs. I grab three slices of pizza and head to the fridge to grab coke and find a note in the fridge. I open the fridge grab my coke and pull out the sticky note and read it

Needed to do something. Be back at 10.

Love, Mom

Of course she needed to do something. She always has something to do. I go back to my room and play the movie. Once I finish the pizza I grab my phone and find a text from Luke.

Hey beautiful :* -L

Hey :) -Emma

How are you feeling today? -L

Better than yesterday -Emma

Good. What are you doing? -L

Alone at home watching White Chicks. You? -Emma

Look down your window ;) -L

I peeked my head out of the window and realized it was raining. I saw Luke standing there in the middle of the rain holding a poster that said : Love you princess -Luke x I smiled and opened the front door for him to enter. When he enters I wrap him in a towel quickly and guided him to the fire place. I start a fire and he puts his hands near the fire. I go to the kitchen and make some hot chocolate and grab a bag of marshmallows. I sat down next to him and handed him a mug and placed the marshmallows bag next to us. I grabbed 2 and he grabbed 3 and we let them fall into out chocolates. He wraps his arm around my waist and electricity runs down my spine. He pulls me closer to his chest and we just cuddle there in silence. Enjoying every second there. After 30 minutes I feel my eyelids getting heavy.

Luke's POV

Emma falls asleep in my chest and I bring her up to bed. I lay her down and start to walk to the door

"Don't leave" She told me half asleep. I walk to her and take off my shoes and shirt and lay next to her. I grab her waist and pull her closer to me making sure not to hurt the baby.