Chapter 49

Quote of the day: Your body isn't you, your soul is you, and they can never cut into your soul ~Red Band Society

Luke's POV

I was with the boys at Calum's for boys night and the bell rang. Calum opened the door and Emma came in. I was calling her all day but she kept ignoring my calls. As soon as she sees me her face falls.

"Calum... W-Where's the bathroom?" Emma asks him

"Up, last room to the left" He told her and Emma rushed to the bathroom. What the heck?! She kept ignoring my calls and now she's avoiding me? What did I do?

"Why didn't you tell me she was coming?" I ask Calum

"I didn't think it would have mattered. She didn't have a place to stay so she asked me if she could crash here so I told her yes. Are you two fighting?" Calum explains and asks me

"No we aren't" I answer his question

"Then what's wrong?"

"Explain to you later" I tell him and rush to the bathroom.

I press my ear against the door and hear her crying. I knock the bathroom door and I heard her sniff before talking

"Who is it?" She asks me through the door

"Luke" I tell her but I don't hear hear say anything else. I knock again and still no answer from here. After 3 knocks I hear her throwing up and nerves get the best of me.

"EMMA! Open the door!" I demand

"It's fine. I'm fine. Go away" She says through sobs and coughs

"Emma if you don't open the fuckin door right now I'll throw it down"

"Please do" She scoffs.

I rush back downstairs and ask Calum for the bathroom key. He gives it to me and I rush upstairs again. I unlock the bathroom door and find Emma sitting in front of the toilet moving like a fish dying. I try to hold her but she's stronger.

"GUYS! CALL 911!! I THINK EMMA'S HAVING A SEIZURE!" I scream downstairs and tears start streaming down my face.

---------------------

The ambulance arrives in 5 minutes and I go next to Emma in the ambulance. I grab her hand while she's still moving. The doctors try to calm her but they have no success. When we arrive at the hospital O stay outside while they take Emma in a room. After 30 minutes of waiting my head starts to get dizzy and my eyes sleepy.

-------------------------

I feel someone touching my shoulder and I wake up instantly.

"Mr. Hemmings, Mrs. Beers is okay and awake. Thankfully she has no brain damage. It was just a one time thing. We already did the test. We believe that this is cause by the amount of stress Mrs. Beers has been facing. We also checked on the baby and it's totally fine" The doctor says calmly

"Thanks doctor" I thank him, and I felt like my heart was gonna come out of my chest at any moment.

"You can go in now" The doctor adds and walks away. I run to Emma's room and find her sitting on bed. As soon as she sees me come in she smiles. A wave of relief appears and I feel all my muscles relax.

"Emma.." I whisper and run to her. Before she could say something I crashed our lips together. When I felt her kissing back a bigger wave of relief washed over me. I pulled away and sat on a chair next to her hospital bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her worried.

"Fine I think. Apart from the part that I had a seizure and now I'm in a hospital I'm prefect" She tells me and giggles. I smile at the sound of her beautiful giggle.

Emma's POV

Actually I wasn't fine at all. My body and head hurts and I don't think I can move from the pain, but I wasn't gonna tell him that. He'll get more worried than he is now. My minds going crazy. First Emily, then my mother, being homeless, and now this.. This is the best night of my life! I so wanna die right now.

"Do you need anything?" Luke asks me still worried.

"Geez, NO Luke I don't need anything. Thanks"

"Wow calm down. I know you have hormones inside of you like crazy but no need to be so defensive!" He tells me laughing.

The doctor enters the room with papers in his hands.

"Emma you can leave tomorrow. Good luck" He said and Luke smiled. I DON'T WANNA GO! I'M HOMELESS!!

"Kay. Thanks" I told the doctor making my best forced smile.

"Ohh and O also made and appointment for you to check out the baby. It's next Thursday. Well bye, get well Emma" The doctor finally said and got out of the room leaving Luke and I alone.