Chapter 9: The Storm

"Ivan is fucking screwed. I'm making him pay" Dom muttered as he made the call, the ting of the phone echoing his ears, flooding his senses

"Hello?" An older man said, Dom held down onto his satisfaction
"You're Eve's uncle, right?"
"Yes why?" He asked with genuine confusion "Is she okay? Are you her friend?" He rambled worriedly.

Poor pathetic old guy. Such an easy prey

Dominique thought to himself

"Well I wouldn't assure that..." he muttered nervously
"What? Why?"
"Her boyfriend. He's-"
"Boyfriend? Excuse me?" Dom couldn't help but arch a brow in amusement, who would say sweet old Genevieve could be such a liar?

"Yeah... I'm sorry you're finding out like this, but I honestly thought the guy was a little sketchy so I did some research... I sent all the information through text, umm I think it's better if you see for yourself..."

He hung up, knowing his job was done. It was just a matter of time for this bomb to explode and boy, would it be an explosion.

Eve's uncle, Dany, stared into his screen, scrolling down to the hundreds of messages filled with information or rather charges Eve's apparent and secret boyfriend was accused of.

All types of murder and felonies... robbery, kidnapping, just looking at all that made him sick.

That's when he saw it. The picture of him, he dropped the phone on the table, he recognized that boy from months ago, he knew Eve seemed quite more happy lately, he had seen the kid a few times and he once managed to catch him while he was driving outside the neighborhood.

God... how did he never realize?

Would she know? He had to do something, warn her about this obvious sociopath before he killed her or maybe he could be holding her hostage?

The poor man was going crazy, he raised that girl as she was his own ever since her mother died and his father decided he wanted to start over, without her.

She couldn't be dead, he wouldn't forgive himself if she was.

At the same time, Eve and Ivan were getting ready to at least go eat something when Eve's phone rang. The contact name signaling it was his beloved uncle Dany

"Hey! What's up?" She said trying to keep cool, she had told her uncle that she was staying a few days with a friend because she had personal problems she obviously didn't wanna get into.

"I know you're with your boyfriend Genevieve" she gulped, her uncle never called her that unless it was a serious talk

Ivan could tell for her expression this was bad so he indicated her to put her phone on speaker, which she had no arguments about.

"W-what boyfriend?"
"Genevieve listen to me, you need to stop lying. Your friend told me" both lovers shared a confused look
"My friend?"
"EVE, LISTEN TO ME FOR GOD'S SAKE! YOU'RE NOT SAFE WITH HIM HE'S A CRIMINAL. GET OUT OF THERE NOW!"
"H-how did you knew?" She blurted out nervously
"You knew and you're still with him?!" Her uncle asked raged in disbelief, and clouded by all the overwhelming emotions she couldn't think of another thing to do but hang up the call.

Ivan intertwined his fingers in his now, blonde locks in sign of clear frustration, it had to be Columbus, of course. That miserable rat would do anything to screw him over.

The European boy couldn't hold his anger and he recklessly punched the wall, a loud thud being absorbed by the concrete walls.

"That fucking asshole-"
"I have to go back, oh my god I need to see him" she hurried to the door but he pulled her back grabbing his arm around her waist