Chapter 13: Merchant

"Again" Ivan spoke looking down upon the girl on the mattress, knocked down. She complied with his demand standing up, fists up in sign of guard. Her body was covered in sweat at this point, they had been training for hours nonstop, the girl's hair attaching to her forehead.

Deep down her body was burning, every single one of her limbs felt numb at that point, but she knew she had to keep going; and as Ivan threw another hook.

Suddenly everything seemed to go in slow motion, right now, she knew exactly what to do. She grabbed his wrist forcefully and moved to the side, pushing his whole arm to crash onto his shoulder blade.

The girl forced him down by pressing her knee on the lower region of his spine until he was laid onto a very painful form of the prone position.

"Should we go again to save your ego or you're gonna say it's beginners luck?" The girl whispers softly on his boyfriend's ear, who couldn't help but smile.

She let go of him and Ivan's limbs felt relief even as he stood up, he held the girl by the waist. Pulling Eve closer to his chest and finally pressing his lips against hers, the couple pulled away with wide smiles drawn upon their lips.

"It's not beginners luck if you've been busting your ass for five months now, princesa" it was very much true, she had been working hard as ever for months. Even then Ivan's mischievous smile appeared "It just means I'm a great instructor" he teased.

Before she could say something, both lovers were interrupted.

"Okay lovebirds, break it off it's my time with her" They heard Cam say and Eve giggled, sometimes he hated with all his strength the training.

Having no other choice he rolled his eyes and Eve replied to his gesture by kissing his cheek and walking away side by side with Cameron.

It was hard to admit that deep down he knew, he knew she was ready. But it was true that he was also scared because Dom had been right all along.

Indeed, she had potential and with time he realized that's what gave her that magnetic sense, he felt so attracted to a while back.

This became more obvious with time, she felt intrigued by danger, when most people were afraid, she fearlessly stepped forward.

Partially or even mainly, that was the reason why he tried to keep her away, not because she wasn't ready, but because she could handle it better than anyone.

Maybe even better than he ever could.

"What are we doing Cam?" The black haired girl asked her friend. She grabbed the metal tube, part of the inner structure of the tube, also known as "the snoopers playground"

Cam smiled "Follow me" without waiting for any type of confirmation the British girl started climbing up the grey pipes until she had enough balance to scrounge and walk over them.

The Archangel knew she had no other choice, so she followed her master up, she wasn't as fast but she undoubtedly was just as skilled.

Both girls were scrounged, having a perfect, wide view of the quarters, Eve held onto one of the pipes just above her head-not really trusting the surface-amusement came over her, visible in her delicate features as she looked around.

Slowly, people began to notice, the presence of the two female agents, up on the structure, some stopped their activities to watch them; Ivan himself included.

"You're ready Eve" Cameron said confidently, Eve frowned and looked at her partner, who laughed slightly at her expression. "Come on, it can't really be that much of a surprise" she teased.