Chapter 19: Let Go

"You need to sleep Ivan" the boy sighed softly looking at his twin brother pacing around the same spot.
"I can't Emilio! Not until they're fine" he murmured the last part feeling helpless with the situation at hand. Emilio had no other choice but to slowly grab his brother's shoulders and slightly sitting him down at the couch .
"You have to get some sleep Ivan, seriously. Just lay your head" he calmly spoke tapping his legs, the boy stayed silent as he contemplated whether or not to take his brother's offer
"I'm your brother and your still the youngest. As your older brother I have to take care of you when you're stubborn and right now. You are stubborn so come on" he would never admit it but he knew Emilio was right so he shrunk his legs onto the couch and softly rested his head on his abdomen, Emilio put his arm around his brother's torso and using his free hand to nuzzle his hair slightly, after a few short moments, Emilio could hear the youngest twin snore softly underneath his breath.

The boy could not help the smile that was drawn upon his lips as he saw Ivan's features soften making him look as peaceful as ever. His chin grazed Ivan's soft and puffy hair, feeling almost like a pillow. As they twins finally took some rest in this position Emilio's heart ached.

He had done Ivan wrong, he walked away and never looked back at it, he never attempted to go back. Being honest it was probably because it was nice to finally feel normal. But that normality came with a price; that same price being his brother's innocence being ripped away. It was hard to admit, but in one way or another he was responsible for Ivan's broken soul.

Feeling guilty about his previous actions he placed a kiss on Ivan's forehead. Deep down that was Emilio's way to silently ask for forgiveness for all his wrong doings. Looking back at it, it wasn't worth it. Yes, he had enjoyed his life, going to school, having friends... nevertheless he knew he would've enjoyed that even more if he had his brother by his side.
There was times where he thought about him, he missed him every single day. Always having to pretend he was dead or didn't existed. Whenever people asked about Ivan he had to say he died when they were born. He looked at Ivan's dove necklace and instantly touched his shark one.
Both necklaces were white gold and represented they're spirits. Shark for determination, fierce and a predator, someone who makes his own rules.
Dove for someone analytic, observant and a free spirited mind, always achieving its goals methodically.

An hour later Ivan was slightly shook up by the arm, his senses awakening as the lights dilated his pupils.

"Ivan wake up" at hearing his brother's voice he looked up, finding his eyes "The doctor has to talk to you"
"What?" He asked reincorporating himself on the couch.
When looking up he encountered himself with a tall, slim man around his thirties with a doctor's coat, as the situation at hand was processed in his brain he managed to stand up eager for news.

"Is she okay? It's- it's the baby alive? I-" he rambled all at once, the doctor smiled emphatically at the boy as he put his hand on his shoulder to stop being
"Hey, slow down. They're both stable" at those words being spoken he felt a weight being lift of off his shoulder. He covered his mouth and sighed relieved trying to hold back onto his smile and his sudden urge to cry.
"You need to keep an on her. The baby needs to be monitored in the next 72 hours. She needs to be at rest or she could have a miscarriage but so far it's very unlikely"

Ivan nodded, being unable to hold his happiness for longer, the doctor politely left, having to fulfill other duties for the day. Emilio was beside him and not being able to have control over his excitement he hugged his brother, grabbing his arm around his shoulders and his other arm around his upper back, burying his face onto Emilio's neck as he held him tightly.

Emilio's heart fluttered as he felt his twin shaking softly in his embrace "Oh my fucking god" he groaned relieved the was no more imminent danger. Smiling and silently thanking God above he hugged his brother back. At that moment the Spaniard was thankful to get to comfort his brother and he thanked that the little baby was out of danger.