Chapter 28: Oblivion

A/N: This chapter involves drug abuse. Please know I do NOT consent this type of behavior in any way, shape or form. This is ONLY for entertainment purposes, don't try to copy this behavior, it's fiction, please treat it as such‼️

Guilt seemed to eat her alive as she got dressed, a million thoughts crossed her mind and a simple question remained: How could she do this?
She had once stupidly thought her feelings were clear, but the heart is whim and changing, nothing is ever as clear as it looks and right now her feelings were just a blurry line where you can't see the end or beginning of it.
A set of arms grabbed around her, making her heart ache as she undoes his grasp and turns to face the boy with those pleading blue eyes

"I have to to go" she said cupping his face, Emilio grabbed his arms around her waist with sad eyes
"I wish you didn't"
"I know" she kissed his cheek softly, and the boy turned his face so her cottony lips fell on his, it was foolish to keep this going, but they did nevertheless. Eve pulled away slightly and left the room completely dressed, she walked back into the room only to find Ivan playing with Cameron as he laid on his back, Ivan tickled the toddler's tummy which provoked him to giggle nonstop.
Suddenly, Ivan's eyes fell on her and he smiled lovingly at the sight of her.

"Hey, where were you?" He asked still smiling, Eve tried her best not to show her uneasiness
"I just couldn't sleep so I walked around" she explained
"It's 6 a.m. Why don't you get some sleep? I'll wake you up later"
"It's okay, really. Besides Cam needs someone to take care of him" she approached her son as she spoke and picked him up
"Oh wait, you almost forgot this" when looking over she realized Ivan was talking about her engagement ring, a lump formed in her throat as she saw it, her fiancé could only laugh at her face "Here, let me put it back for you" the girl smiled and gave her hand out for the ring to be placed back where it belonged.

There it was again, the undeniable guilt, swirling on her stomach, reminding her how much had she messed up this time. If he had punched Emilio to the ground when he found out they kissed, God knows what would he do if he found out what had happened last night.
As Ivan left the room he couldn't help the puncture of instinct that came over him, something in Genevieve was off, she felt different... But he tried to convince himself it was purely his imagination. What could be wrong after all?
His thoughts were interrupted as he encountered his brother and salute him but his twin seemed strangely uneasy in his presence "Why that face? You looked like you saw a ghost" he chuckled, but his brother didn't share his laughter and instead just scratched the back of his head.
"I just didn't have a goodnight of sleep" he explained, which was weird because Genevieve had just told him something similar, then he perceived another casualty; the familiar smell is brother irradiated, it was so distinctive, a perfume which he could've sworn it was Genevieve's.

He could identify that floral scent he knew so well anywhere, but he quickly shaked the thought out of his brain, it was only his mind, his stupid paranoia trying to mess with him.

"Well... I have to go, I'll see you around, bro" he said touching his shoulder as he left in a caring manner; as his twin left Emilio could not remember a time in his life where he felt so disgust with himself, he was finally getting his brother back, he got what he so longed for the longest time and yet, here he was. Screwing it all up.

Time went by that day, and the alarms in Ivan's head kept ringing as he inevitably studied both his brother's and fiance's behavior. They both looked nervous as they did their chores, making sure they weren't close to each other. Almost like an unspoken pact to keep their distance. Yet he could not make the reason for this. Tension could be felt whenever he came onto the scene, trying to act normal even when their unease was obvious, it was almost as if they were afraid to get caught.