Chapter 3

"Hey, are you alright? You seem
uncomfortable in this position. Don't you want to rest in a comfortable place?" Eddy asked bending down to face her.

"I'm okay," Titi replied trying hard not to stare at his chest.

"You really are strong headed," he said.

Not waiting for a reply, he lifted her.
Surprised by his boldness, she punched him in the chest, making him drop her.

"What the hell is wrong with you, I'm just trying to help you," Eddy said annoyed.
"If you don't need my help, you can tell me, I don't want to waste my time."

"It's not that," Titi said to him.

"Since you feel uncomfortable around me, I'm going over to the room," he said walking away.

"Wait!" Titi said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Can you stay here with me, I feel uneasy being alone in here all by myself ," she said.

"Alright," he said lying on the couch.

***

As sweat gathered around her temples, she kept wincing and shifting into different uncomfortable position.

"Abike! Ki lo n sele, kilode ti o fi n sukun?" Titi kept asking with tears running free from her eye.

"Abike! What's wrong, why are you crying?"

"Titi, are you okay?" Eddy asked her with concern on his face when he woke her.

"Nothing, I'm just scared, what if something happens to Abike," Titi kept saying holding back a sob.

"Nothing is going to go wrong," he said wiping the tears of her face.

"I'm so scared," she kept repeating.

"Hey! Look at me, nothing is going to happen to any of you," he said looking directly into her eye.

"Alright." Titi said as she placed her head on his chest.

"You're really lucky to still be alive, people are out there dying," he said soothing her hair.

"Those people are being killed by—"

Grabbing her by the waist, he placed his lips on hers.

"What are you doing?" She asked in annoyance.

"I'm sorry, I thought you wanted me to uhm," he said uneasy.

"It's okay, I wasn't expecting you to kiss me," she said with a blush.

"Oh! Oka—"

Quickly she kissed him back. She ran her hands through his chest.

They're all evil and dark.

Remembering what Abike said to her, she quickly pulled away.

"Did I do anything wrong?" Eddy asked disappointed.

"No. This is all a mistake," she said getting to her feet.

"All a mistake?" He asked dumbfounded.

"I don't know, I feel I shouldn't be doing this with you," she said looking down at her feet.

"Why?" He asked with an expression of hurt on his face.

"You're one of the people who killed my family and friends. You caused all this unhappiness in our lives," she cried.

"I can't believe you right now," he said putting his jacket on.