Chapter 24

In embarrassment, Lilian quickly wore her clothe as Jonathan looked at her in anger.

"Jonathan, this isn't what it looks like," Lilian stuttered as she moved back in a calculated manner.

"I don't understand why you were naked in front of my father!" Jonathan said angrily as he banged his fist on the table.

"He forced me into this. I begged him to leave me, but he threatened me," Lilian said as tears rolled down her puffy cheeks.

"Shut up," Jonathan said to Lilian before looking at his father.

"I can't believe you father, how can you do this to your son?" Jonathan asked hurt.

"I didn't plan on touching her. You should know I'm not that shameless," John said with no emotion.

"I don't know what to believe in anymore. Things are getting out of control these days."

"Jonathan, do believe me," Lilian begged.

Realising Lilian was still there, Jonathan looked at her which made her squirm in fear.

"You!" Jonathan spat as he pointed a finger at her.

"Your father forced me to do this," Lilian said as she looked at John.

Without saying anything, John shook his head as he walked towards his son.

"So you believe that I slept with that thing," John said with a scoff. "I can't believe that you have grown to be so stupid."

"Father, don't talk to me like I'm a child," Jonathan said as he looked at his father straight in the eyes.

"Although your sister disobeyed me, she isn't as stupid as you're."

With that John left the room, leaving a scared Lilian with an angry Jonathan.

"Jonathan, you know that you're the only person I love," Lilian stuttered.

Quickly, Jonathan walked up to Lilian as he strangled her by the neck and brought her face close to his.

"You made me look like a weakling right in front of my father. You're going to regret ever playing me."

Struggling for air, Lilian tried to remove Johnathan's rough hand from her neck. "Please, y-you're choking me."

"That's what I plan on doing. I bet you don't even love me, all what you said to me wete just lies."

"Jonathan, please," Lilian begged as tears rolled down her cheeks.

***

"Ire, what happened? You haven't been yourself since yesterday," Abike asked with so much concern.

"I just want to rest," Ire said flatly.

"Omode yi, ma se bayi fun mi," Abike said as she caressed his face.
"My child, don't do this to me."

Removing her hands gently from his face, Ire turned to face the other side of the bed.

"I'm not leaving here until you tell me what's wrong."

"I don't want to talk about it," Ire said with a groan.

"Ireoluwa, you're going to tell me what's wrong right now and I don't want any excuses," Abike said sternly.

Hearing the seriousness in her voice, Ire decided to tell her what was bothering him.

"A dead body was found in my car," Ire stated.

"Olorun mi! Aburu ko ni mo ile wa," Abike exclaimed.
"My God! Evil won't know us."

"I didn't have a hand in it but they think I killed her," Ire said in one breath as he shut his eyes to remember all that happened.