Chapter 4

"My God! Where is Titi?" Abike complained in anguish.

She worried about the arrival of her baby when she saw the water break at dawn. Holding onto the side of her stomach, she felt her baby kick and severe waist pains.

The baby is coming.

"Abike! They are here", Titi screamed.

Running faster to the cave, Titi stumbled upon a stone causing her toe to bleed. Still trying to get to the cave before they get her, she ran with all her might. Not wanting to think about Eddy's death, she kept on running.

Trying to get to her feet, Abike struggled but fell flat on her stomach. With tears running free from her eyes, she tried getting up but gave up due to the pain.

Entering the cave, Titi rushed over to assist Abike. Trying hard to get Abike on her feet, Abike wished death would take her since all pain would go away. .

"Abike! O de dide duro", Titi begged.

"Abike! Please stand up".

"I'm also trying my best", Abike said in tears.

Grabbing her by the shoulder, Titi held her tightly. "Please try to think of your baby, get a hold of yourself" , Titi said in a hushed tone.

Hearing the faint sounds, Abike prayed to her creature to keep them both safe.

"What's happening? How did they find out where we stay?" Abike managed to ask.

"I'll explain later", Titi said.

Stopping to catch her breath, she moaned loudly due to the pain.
"I think the baby is about to come out".

"Hold on for a while", Titi said when she noticed Abike's knees wobbling.

"The voices are getting close", Titi said to Abike. "We have to hurry or else we would get killed".

***

Where did she go?

"Sir, we couldn't get a trace of her", a soldier said to John.

"She's smart", John said with a chuckle. "But not smart enough", he said picking a stone.

Seeing traits of blood on the stone, he said in a growl, "She's near".

Gathering the soldiers together, he told them about the blood on the stone.

"You can see traces of blood which is going to lead us to her. Unfortunately for her, I think she stumbled upon the stone", John said with his hand on his hips.

They all nodded in agreement, following John's orders, they got closer to them.

***

"Titi, I don't think I can do this anymore", Abike said crying.

"Just try to hold on, I know it's hard for you, but we've no option", Titi said panting.

"Can I rest for a while? I fell flat on the floor", Abike said holding her stomach.

"What! And you couldn't tell me", Titi said with a sigh.

"There was no time to explain and you were so scared I didn't want to bother you ", Abike said sadly.

"Let's pray nothing happens to you and your baby", Titi said.

"I hope, I won't forgive myself if anything happens".

"Titi, what happened to your toe?" Abike said when she noticed the bleeding toe.

Looking at the bleeding toe, Titi looked at her friend with a sad smile.

"What are you thinking?" Abike asked with concern.

"This is the best plan I've", Titi said with tears. "They're going to follow the traces of the blood, which will lead them to us".

"Where are you getting at?" Abike asked confused.

"I really want to get through this with you but I've to stop right here. I need to distract them from getting you and the baby". "It's better if you keep going yourself, we'll both get killed if we run together", Titi said in a sob.

"I can't leave you here all alone, how do you expect me to live without you, we've been together for a long time".
"This baby needs you, I need you", Abike said crying.

"We don't have time for this, find a place to hide quickly", Titi said in anger.

"I can't", Abike said holding  Titi's hand.

"Have I ever done something to make you cry? Have I ever done something you regret?" Titi asked.

"No", Abike said stammering.

"So when I say run, you run", Titi said.
"Run, don't let them get you and tell your baby later in life that 'I love her or him", Titi said not turning her back to see Abike one last time.

***

"There she is!"

"Follow that person", John ordered.

Looking back at the soldiers behind her, she stepped into a pot hole causing her to fall. The pain of her bleeding toe and the stress of running made her cry.

Grabbing her by the collar, John punched her in the nose.

"What do you want?" Titi said in anger.

I must distract them.

'' You're going to regret ever being black", he said and spat on her face.

"Do your worst", Titi said holding back a tear.

"Before I do, allow me to remind you of the death of your lover, Eddy", John said with a grin.
"It was strange how Eddy was rarely seen in the army base. When I saw you at the market and I chased you, I couldn't find you anymore. Again, I saw traces of blood which led me to the both of you", he said with a sense of satisfaction.

"How can you be so wicked", Titi said in tears.

"Don't cry now, those—", he said cleaning her tears. "Is for later".

"What I did to Eddy is going to be worse than what I'm about to do to you", he said with a smile.

"Please, have mercy on me", Titi pleaded.

"You're really pretty".

"Richard", John called out.

"Rape her", John commanded.

I'm so sorry, I know this chapter is short. I want you guys to put on your seat belts and enjoy the ride.
Please, share this book with your friends, I'll really appreciate the help.
Thanks my amazing readers. Much love.