Chapter 15

"Ire, where have you been? Baba Shomolu is on fire right now, he's really angry," Chinedu said.

"I can't explain at the moment," Ire said as he shook his head. "Where's Baba Shomolu? Let me give him his money and-"

"Ireoluwa! Baba Shomolu shouted. "Where have you been?"

"Sir, I can explain. The lady I took today wasted my time, she didn't pay me until she finished all what she wanted to do.

"Ehn! So you didn't even get money immediately and you're looking at the woman like an olodo," Baba Shomolu said with anger.

"She's a white woman, if I had shouted at her, I wouldn't have left the streets complete," Ire said.

"Oyigbo pepper," Baba Shomolu said as he widened his eyes in surprise. "I hope she paid you alot."

"She did," Ire said as he brought out the money from his pocket.

"Omo! This money is in pounds," Baba Shomolu said as he practically jumped.
"At least, my wife will make love to me tonight."
"That's why you're my favourite driver, Chinedu you better be like him, so you can be my favourite."

"I'll try sir," Chinedu said with a chuckle. "Baba Shomolu! Baba Shomolu," he hailed, "anything for us?"

"Let me manage this one with my family, another time I'll give all of you something."

"Okay," they chorused.

"Bye bye, send my regards to your mother," Baba Shomolu said as he kept the money in his pocket.

"I will," Ire said with a smile.

"Baba Shomolu, what about me, won't you ask after my family?" Chinedu asked offended.

"Until you give me pounds," Baba Shomolu said before he left the car park.

***

"Ire, you were lucky today oh!" Chinedu said as they walked down the road.

"How?" Ire asked.

"You met an oyigbo, I hope she is fine," Chinedu said with a wink which made Ire chuckle.

"I don't like her attitude and besides, you know I don't like all this white people."

"If I was the one that drove that white lady, I would've made a move on her," Chinedu said with a smirk.

"You'll never change," Ire said as he shook his head. "What about Tobi, why did he leave early?"

"He said he had something important to do. You know he likes to keep his things private, I didn't bother asking him what was the important thing."

"He has been behaving somehow these days," Ire said.

"Just leave him alone, he always had issues," Chinedu said with a hiss.

"Take this to repair your car," Ire said as he handed Chinedu some amount of money.

Chinedu looked at the money Ire was holding out to him in surprise.

"How did you get this money, isn't this the pounds the girl gave you?"

"You told me you didn't have enough money, so I took out of what the lady gave to me," Ire said.

"So you didn't hand over all the money?" Chinedu asked with a laugh.

"Yes. So you expect me to give Baba Shomolu everything, as if he'll give me anything," Ire said.

"So much for my favourite person," Chinedu said with a chuckle. "Thank you Ire but I don't think I can collect it."

"Why?" Ire asked with a frown.