Chapter 21

"Look who's here," Chinedu said to Tobi when he saw Ire entering the car park.

"I don't have time for him today, I have a lot of things going on in my life," Tobi said nonchalantly.

With a sigh, Ire walked up to Chinedu and Tobi. "Look you guys, I know I've said some things that I'm not supposed to say."

"So your senses just told you what you did wasn't right," Chinedu said harshly.

"What? We've to tell him the truth," Chinedu said angrily as Tobi nudged him.

"It's totally fine," Tobi said dryly.

"So, are we good?" Ire asked with a smile.

"We'll think about it," Chinedu said stubbornly.

"It's totally fine," Tobi said as he stood up for a hug.

"Nawa for you. See how you made me look like the bad person here," Chinedu said with a frown.

Immediately Chinedu stood up to give Ire a hug, Baba Shomolu banged on a car in anger.

"All you stupid people, you won't make money for me," Baba Shomolu said as he pointed at each of them in anger.

"We're sorry sir."

"I don't think any of you understand the pain you make me go through, my wife refuses to make love to me because I don't give her money for the family needs," Baba Shomolu spat.
"I want you all to make me happy by the end of the day."

With that, Baba Shomolu left the car park with a prostitute, which Chinedu told them her name is Dunni.

"I've never heard of her," Ire said as he headed towards his car.

"I heard that she can make a man happy, even if he were in a bad mood. She is Baba Shomolu's other mistress," Chinedu said.

"God forbid for you, I wonder when men started doing amebo," Tobi said with a hiss which made Ire chuckle.

"I'm just in vogue," Chinedu said offended.

"Indeed."

"Ire, you can try her someday. I promise she won't disappoint," Chinedu said with a laugh.

"No, thank you. I don't have time to be sleeping around," Ire said as he entered his car.

***

"Folakemi, where have you been?" Barbara asked, a lit bit annoyed.

"I was scared of sleeping alone in this house, so I had to go somewhere else," Folakemi said as she walked past Barbara.

"Are you alright? You know if something is bothering you, you can always come to me," Barbara said when she noticed how moody Folakemi was.

"I'm okay," Folakemi said as tears began to roll down her face.

"Folakemi, what's wrong?" Barbara asked as she pulled Folakemi into a hug.

"I'm scared," Folakemi said with a sniff.

"Is it your mother?" Barbara asked.

"Worse."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Barbara asked as she wiped the tears off her face.

Quickly, Folakemi shook her head in fear as she kept looking at the window.

"Is someone out there to hurt you?"

"Barbara, please don't leave me, no matter what," Folakemi said with so much fear that it brought tears to Barbara's eyes.