Chapter 29

"Ireoluwa!" Abike called when she came outside.

Suddenly, she looked at the two strangers outside her house. What were they doing here? Wanting to ask them what they needed, Abike recognized one of them, but she couldn't quite place him, until she heard his voice.

"And who are you?" John asked Abike scornfully.

She remembered him. Tears rolled down her cheeks profusely as she replayed all that happened in her head. He was the one who killed Titi. She never imagined this day would come, all the pain she felt and hatred towards him blinded her as she walked towards John.

"You!" Abike screamed as she pointed her finger at him.

"Do I know you?"

Grabbing him by the collar, Abike screamed untop of her lungs that made Jonathan move back in fear.

"Maami, kilode?" Ire asked in shock as he watched his mother.
"Mother, what's the problem?"

"Tell your insane mother to get off me," John said harshly as he pushed Abike to the ground.

This didn't stop Abike,in fact, it made her so mad. He still hasn't changed, Abike thought to herself. She knows what to do to him, she would make sure that he suffers. Quickly, she dashed into the house.

"Maami," Ire called.

Abike didn't answer him, she had to deal with that bastard first. The first thing she saw was a knife, she took the knife without thinking twice. Immediately, she ran out of the house to see Ire shielding them.

"Maami, you need to stop," Ire said with concern as he saw his mother holding the knife.

"This woman is insane, if anyone of us gets hurt, she'll be arrested," Jonathan said in fear.

Laughing hard, tears rolled down her cheeks as she pushed Ire to the ground. She quickly dashed for John who tried his best to hit Abike, but she was fueled with so much anger, he didn't have a chance against her. Shouting at him, Abike plunged the knife by the side of his stomach, which made John stagger.

"Father!" Jonathan shouted as he reached for him.

Quickly, Ire held his mother who was screaming non-stop and was kicking her legs in the air as she tried to break free from Ire's grasp.

"Maami!" Ire called out.

"Leave me alone, let me kill that bastard," Abike screamed.

***

Barbara was lost in her own thoughts as she walked home, she was so angry with Jonathan and her father. She wanted this to be over, she was fed up with everything. She went over to see Tobi, but unfortunately, he wasn't around. She noticed that Chinedu hasn't been his regular self, he has been drinking more often. He was already nicknamed, 'Chinedu the drunk'. She was worried sick about him.

As she got to the house, she entered the house to find it empty. Maybe they couldn't find their way back, Barbara thought.

"I hope they actually get lost," Barbara said to herself as she undressed and went to the bathroom.

She had to relax, all this was too much to bear. She really likes Nigeria but she wanted to go back, there was nothing left for her here. As she was thinking, she remembered Baba Shomolu's body in the office, he was also holding the same bottle Chinedu used to drink. She didn't want to imagine nonsense, but it was too true to believe. But if Chinedu was the one who killed Baba Shomolu, why did he kill him? Did he want the key to Ire's car, so he could implicate him or was he connected to the killer? Barbara was a bit glad that it might not have been Ire who killed Folakemi.