Chapter 10

"Ogunyemi, why have you been avoiding me lately, I don't like the way you behave when you see me", Asake said dramatically.

With a sigh, Ogunyemi behaved as if he didn't hear her. He continued to walk straight.

"Ogunyemi, aren't you the one I'm talking to?" Asake asked in disgust.

No reply. He continued to walk until Asake ran to meet him.

"Why do you avoid me, it's not fair", Asake complained.

"I'm in a hurry, can we talk another time", he said trying not to look at her.

"Do you hate me because of what my mother did to Abike yesterday, we're very sorry about that", she said sadly.

"So you know what happened and you can't drag your mother to beg Abike", he said with a scoff.

"How do you expect me to drag my mother, it's not possible", she said.

"All of you are the same, do you know Abike lost her baby because of your mother's recklessness".

Too stunned to answer, Asked muttered, "I'm sorry for the loss".

"It's a pity that they're your family", he said shaking his head before he left, leaving Asake alone.

***

"Mummy! We've a lot of things to talk about?" Asake shouted.

Rushing out of her room with her wrapper untied, there was an expression of shock on Kunle's mother.
"What is the cause of the alarm?"

"How could you do that to Abike. What did she do that resulted to the two of you fighting?" Asake asked.

"Aah! So that's the reason you want to destroy this house with the stupid noise you're making".

"Maami, I thought you were more than this", Asked cried out.

"Is it because of Ogunyemi, forget it, he's yours", Kunle's mother said with a smile.

"What do you mean by that?" Asake asked confused.

"This is just the beginning", Kunle's mother said.

"I don't understand, what are you planning to do?" Asake asked with a frown.

"You're still a child. Does she think she can go free after she disgraced me".
"She doesn't know a thing about me", Kunle's mother said with a laugh.

"Please don't do something you're going to regret", Asked begged.

"You'll thank me at the end of the day".

" I just hope you don't regret it", Asake said and walked out.

***

"Asake, there's something I want to tell you", Kunle said.

"What is it?" Asake asked.

"It is about mummy",  Kunle said to get her attention.

"What happened to her?"

"I think I did something bad to Ire's family".

Noticing that Asake waited for him to speak up, he cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Mummy told me to put a nylon in Ire's family compound dead at night". " I think that's what caused the death of the dog", Kunle said sadly.

"What was inside, is it ogun?"

"I think so", he answered.

"Where exactly did you put the ogun?" Asake asked.

"If you say a word, you'll die", Kunle's mother threatened.