Ron's Howler & Gilderoy Lockhart.

Rayvan Black's Point Of View.

It was early in the day and my first class was Herbology. Standing near the teacher she came in and we greeted her nicely. Class was going well, she handed out points and told us to wear earmuffs, before she yanked out her Mandrake. It screeched and Neville fainted. "It seemed Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." I chuckled "no ma'am he just fainted." She nodded and motion for us to try.

Grabbing my Mandrake I yanked it out and stuck it into the second pot, giggling and covered it with soil. Before doing more until the bell rang.

***

It was lunch and I was sitting next to Seamus, you know the one with the tendency to blow stuff up. yeah, I hoped over the summer he learned to control that. Anyway, I was sitting next to him watching Ron tape his broken wand. It was sad to see such a big part of a wizard broken. But this was his fault for flying into the Whomping Willow. That tree is dangerous with a certain spell you can stop it momentarily to enter before it started moving again.

An owls cry sounded and alerted us to it's approach. "Hey Ron, isn't that your Owl?" Dean said from my other side. Ron didn't answer but watched as his bird crashed into a big bowl of chips. We all winced at its crash landing, "Bird's a bloody menace." Ron grumbled taking the letter, the bird hopped up and flew off. "Oh No..." Ron whimpered. "Look everyone, Weasley's got himself a Howler." Seamus teased,

"Go on Ron, I ignored on from my gram once, it was horrible." turning around the letter, he popped open the seal. "RONALD WEASLEY!" he threw it from himself and onto the table, it lept up and transformed into a mouth with a ribbon tongue. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR??!! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED!! YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT!!! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!!!" pausing for a moment it turned to Ginny across from me.

"Oh and Ginny dear congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud." with a papery raspberry at Ron it ripped itself apart and everyone froze in either fear or awkwardness. Clearing my throat, waved my wand and cleaned up the chips and paper before standing up to leave, leaning over to the Hufflepuff table I kissed Cedric's cheek before leaving for my next class.

***

"Let me introduce you to your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher...me! Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Forces Defence League, and five-times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award- but I don't want to talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him." I looked around the room and all the girls were swooning, aside from myself and all the guys.

This professor is a joke. "Now be warned! it is my job to arm you against the foulest creature known to wizardkind." he went on about how we could be facing out fears in this very room. I scoffed. And I made sure that he heard me, "Is something wrong Miss. Black?" he said with a fake smile. So I returned it, having already smelt what he had under the cloth covered cage. "Yes, you." I said dryly.

"I don't know what you plan to do with those but if you release them and they destroy this room or harm students I'm going to the Headmaster to report you." there were several oohs and startled gasp from the students that didn't know I took the protection of my classmates seriously. "I assure you Miss. Black, that won't be necessary." I nodded and crossed my arm. "Let me be the judge of that." glaring at me he seemed to hesitate to believe my threat.

After showing us the Cornish Pixies, and Seamus laughing he seemed to forget that I would be writing this down and showing Dumbledore if anyone got hurt. When all hell broke loose, I watched him lose his wand to a pixie and throw his mess on my friends. Pulling out my wand, I said, "Immobulus!" stopping anything flying, I used another spell, "Mobilarbus." I moved the Pixies back into their cage and helped Neville down. Patting his sagging shoulders.

"Why is it always me?" I shrugged. "Rayvan that was absolutely brilliant." Seamus said others nodded and added in their own comments and while everyone thanked me, I heard the teacher's door open and Lock'fart' step out "Very well done, Miss. Black. I would have helped had I not had other pressing matters to attend in my office." turning towards him I growled. Taking threateningly slow steps towards him,

He looked at me confused, but realized when I phased and started chasing him towards Dumbledore's office that he was going to be eaten, I wasn't actually going to hurt him but I was going to report him to the Headmaster. Now in front of the Headmaster's desk, he whimpered, pleading for me not to hurt him, shifting back I pulled my notes from class and set them on the desk before leaving.

I loved that Dumbledore was even smirking slightly when he saw how terrified Lockhart was of me.