The Egg Clue & The Second Task.

Rayvan's Point of view.

My day was going fairly slow today and I had hoped that when Cedric said he wanted to take a bath I expected to be...you know... in it with him. Not sitting on the bath ledge while he played in the water with his egg from the first challenge. "Ced? are you okay?"

I asked when he came up a second time, he looked so frustrated, sighing I stood up and started to undress, when he looked at me to see what I was doing he froze like a deer caught in car headlights. I blushed but was still glad I wore a bathing suit on under my clothing. He seemed to be glad for that too.

Giggling I climbed in and he shook his head to clear his mind. "What don't you under stand?" pulling the closed egg out of the water he handed it to me, "Listen and tell me what you understand then I'll tell you what I don't." nodding I took the egg and took in a deep breath, going under I opened the egg, and beautiful music came out, then the voices sang:

"Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above ground.

While your searching, ponder this: we've taken what you'll surely miss.

An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took.

Past and hour the prospects black, to late, its gone, it won't come back."

Coming up for air, I sputtered and gasped, Cedric, patted my back. "So? what do you think?" Handing him his egg, I sat on the edge, the riddle playing in my mind as I tried to figure it out. "Okay the line 'come seek us where our voices sound' could be a reference to mermaids," Rayvan said tapping her chin as she thought.

"Which is proven by the next line because they can't sing above ground." Cedric nodded. "then the second line...I don't understand that one. I'll think on it more." "Okay, just not too hard you have other stuff to think about too." he said teasingly.

Giggling I poked him in the chest, "Focus, now the third line is a time limit, and the last would have to be the where and the consequence of not finding what was taken in the hour given." Setting the egg down, he rolled his shoulders, "Okay so what is the 'where'?" He asked wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his lap.

A moving window picture caught my eye, it was a moving picture of a mermaid. But it was what was behind her that caught my eye, "The Black Lake." Cedric stopped in his kissing of my neck to asked, "what?" turning a bit to look at him I said, "the second challenge is at The Black Lake." he smirked and started kissing my neck again.

"You really are a genius." giggling as he started to tickle me as well as place kisses along my neck and shoulders, "Cedric you're tickling me." holding tighter he continued anyway.

•••

{Time Skip/Two Days Before the 2nd Challenge}

•••

Cedric and I went looking for Harry, after I convinced him to give Harry a heads up, because even though Cedric knew he should still tell Harry. Finding him on the bridge with Hermione I gave the girl a friendly smile and a quick hug, as Cedric chased after Harry. "Potter!" "Cedric." Harry greeted after stopping and realizing that Cedric wouldn't leave him be.

"How- How are you?" he asked when the younger boy turned to face him. Confused he answered sarcastically, "Spectacular." looking back to me for help, I smiled and shook my head, which meant this was for him to do, swallowing his pride he spoke.

"Look, I realize I never really thanked you properly for trying to give me a head up about the dragons." Harry shook his head, "You already knew, there's no point. Besides you would have done the same for me." Cedric nodded, "Exactly. You know the Prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor?"