Nightmares & Horcruxes.

Third person's point of view.

Rayvan had been asleep when Ron came to get her from her bed, he had shaken her saying that Harry was having nightmares and he wouldn't wake when Ron had tried to wake him. Rushing out of bed Rayvan ran to Harry's bed and shook him. She only had to shake him once, for him to wake up, panting and sweaty Rayvan turned to Ron, "Get McGonnagal. Quick." he nodded and ran off while Rayvan pulled Harry from bed.

When he came back with McGonnagal, Rayvan told Ron to meet them at Dumbledore's office with his siblings. When he asked why, she told him, that Harry had seen something and she wanted them there when he retold it, not arguing with her anymore the two women practically carried Harry to the Headmaster. He was as pale as a ghost and stumbling between the two of them.

It was so bad Rayvan had to loop Harry's arm across her shoulders and hold his waist to keep him upright when everyone was present, Dumbledore spoke with his back to Harry, "In the dream, were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?" panting Harry answered, "Neither, it was like I- Professor will you please just tell me what's happening?" but Dumbledore ignored his question.

"Everard, Aurther's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he'd found by the right people." Harry moved a bit closer, "sir-" but Dumbledore ignored him again, "Phineas, you must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place, tell them that Authur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by portkey." Harry looked ready to pop. Everard returned and informed Dumbledore that Arthur was found and that he would be okay.

Relieving his children of worry. Phineas returned to report that whatever the Dark Lord wanted was safe and still where it was supposed to be. At this point, Harry snapped, "LOOK AT ME!!" he panted as he stood there looking at a shocked Dumbledore, "What's happening to me?" he asked scared and worried. No one said anything as Snape walked in the door, he sensed the tension but didn't address it,

"You wished to see me, Headmaster?" Dumbledore nodded, "Oh, Severus. I'm afraid we can't wait. Not even till morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable." After Dumbledore said that Snape seemed to know what to do, grabbing Harry by the wrist he pulled him after him and left the room. McGonnagal left with the Weasleys and Dumbledore turned to Rayvan when everyone was gone.

"What happened?" he asked when he saw her arms as she had rubbed them in worry, which pulled the sleeve up in the process. Quickly hiding the faded scares she shook her head, "It's nothing to worry about, I'm more worried about Harry, how is it possible for him to have a connection with the Dark Lord? Is it because he's one of the many Horcruxes?" Dumbledore had been pacing but stopped suddenly when she said that.

"How did you find out?" she dodged the question, "So it's true then." he nodded then motioned for her to follow him. Going up to his desk, he pulled out the diary from her and Harry's second year, "I remember that book it was how I found out about the Horcruxes in the first place." Dumbledore sat heavily in his chair. "How could I not figure out that you would find out on your own." Rayvan shrugged instead of saying something mean.

"How many more are there?" she asked leaning against the front of Dumbledore's desk, holding up his hand he showed her a ring on one of his fingers, his hand didn't look right as if something was draining the life from it, though it was barely noticeable it was still bad. "What are you doing!?" she snapped and rushed around the desk to hold his hand and look at it better, "If the ring is doing this to you take it off!" she snapped but he shook his head.

"It's too late, the curse has taken hold and it won't be long now." she knew exactly what he meant by that, her heart clenched and her bottom lip quivered as her eyes blurred with unshed tears, "H-how long?" she asked her voice breaking a bit, "A year or two at most." still holding his hand she asked another question, "Who else knows?" she meant this question for the other teachers, "Severus knows, I've already made him promise me something for it." her eyes snapped up to the Headmasters face.

"Why would you do that to him? Hasn't he suffered enough?" Getting up Dumbledore sighed and pulled Rayvan into a grandfather-ly hug. "You have such a big heart Rayvan, you care so much for the happiness of others it breaks my heart to see you so sad." he said patting her hair as she sobbed softly into his silver-blue robes. "You don't like seeing me so sad, then don't make him do something like that, he's had enough suffering to last him the rest of his life." sitting on the edge of his desk he held her hands.

"What would you have me do?" hardening herself into an emotionless person she told him what she'd do.

-

Rayvan left the headmaster's office and strode back to the common rooms, Hermione was awake and sitting on the couch waiting for them to come back but it was only her so far. "Rayvan? what happened is everyone alright?" Rayvan without a shred of emotion on her face she nodded and went back up to the girls' room and lay in her bed. Her life was about to become a nightmare.

She needed to grow up and take things much more seriously, the rest of the training with the other students needed to be wrapped up for the end of the year and Dolores Umbridge needed to be dealt with quickly.