Another Year Another, Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher.

Rayvan Black's point of view.

Sitting in the dinner hall, I could feel the eyes of other students on me. Some of them didn't have the decency to look away when I met their gazes. It was only when I would glare that they would look away from me, but the one person that would meet my glare with her own was the devil in pink. She openly glared, she knew who I was and my history with certain teachers at this school, the Headmaster was giving his annual speech.

"Good evening children. Now we have two new changes in staffing this year, we are pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Mythical Creatures, while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave." A soft wave of whispers broke out across the room but the Headmaster continued. "We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Dolores Umbridge."

The woman giggled freakishly and Professor Snape and Professor McGonnagol looked at her like they wanted to be seated anywhere but near her, "And I'm sure you'll all be joining me in wishing the Professor good luck." Professor Snape looked over at me and I could swear I saw him beg for help with his eyes, I held in a snort of laughter and nodded that I would let him vent to me after this was all over.

He gave me a barely noticeable nod and I focused back in on the talking. Which the Bitch had interrupted just so she could say a few useless words. Harry explained to Hermione that she was at the hearing with him and me, I didn't really care about the woman, I haven't done anything to her and she was already hating on me. Well, she was going to see that I could be just as unpleasant as she was by disrespecting our teachers.

She wanted to disrespect our Headmaster by cutting off his announcement then I could do the same. Right in the middle of her "Speech" I got up stretched and left. Nobody important said anything and she called to me but I was already out the door and on my way up to the common rooms.

***

When dinner was over the other Gryffindor students returned and Hermione and the others came right to me, "Oh my god, Rayvan that was bloody amazing." Ron said patting my back, I nodded in thanks. "She wants to cut off the Headmaster, then I can do the same." Hermione giggled. "I think Professor Snape even smirked at that." I smiled and leaned back in my seat, but then Harry walked in.

Everyone's conversations died as Harry moved towards the stairs to the chamber rooms. "Dean, Seamus...good holidays?" he asked being polite. Dean answered him though, I could smell trouble. "All right. Better than Seamus', anyway," he spoke softer about the last part. Seamus set the newspaper he had in his hands down and stood up from his seat across from me, "Me mum didn't want me coming back this year."

"Why not?" Harry asked I don't know if it was curiosity or just to find out if his friends believed him over some newspaper article. "Let me see. Uh, because of you. The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you, Harry, and Dumbledore as well." Seamus explained, but it railed Harry up and a confrontation was not what we needed, not to mention the already present tension.

"What, your mum believes them?" Slowly getting up I kept my eyes on them, "Well, nobody was there the night Cedric died." Eyes moved to me as some thought it was a sore topic with me, they weren't wrong I was probably going to go find a private and dark corner to sit in and ball my eyes out but now wasn't that time. "I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother, it'll tell you everything you need to know."

Jumping up in between them I had my back to Harry and my hands on Seamus' chest to keep them apart, "Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!" "Seamus! Stop! please, don't fight!" I begged and he looked at me, "Why are you defending him? You of all people should hate him the most." I nodded adding more yelling wouldn't solve anything. "Your right, I should but I already lost Ced, I won't lose another person I care about. The Prophet spreads enough anger and fear to the families at home, let's not let it ruin the somewhat peace we have here...please?" tsking at me he nodded.

"I'll let it go, only because it was you that asked love." he said his accent turning the sound of the 'o' in love to a 'u' and kissed my cheek in apology and condolence he walked off with Dean to be away from Harry. Turning I pushed Harry up the stairs and out of view of the other House members. "Is it true?" he asked as we stood on the second landing pulling him to the couch under the window we sat, "It's not you I hate. I hate myself for not seeing the dangers sooner and stopping it, or at least finding a way to take his place." Harry's green eyes moved from his lap to my face.

"I don't think either him nor I would have let you even try." I chuckled weakly. "Your probably right, I can see him glaring at me in my head for even saying that out loud. One day I'm not going to hear the end of that." Harry chuckled a bit. "Just promise me one thing," he looked me in the eye and nodded. "No more infighting. I don't want to spend my relaxing few hours before bed pulling you out of fights with other Gryffindors." he frowned.

"And don't say you'll try, you get egged on, you back off and cool off they push harder and you come find me and we'll solve it together." he locked eyes with me and then nodded. "I promise but I can't say for sure it will work all the time." I took what I could get. Getting up to head to bed as others had already gone and the common room was empty, Harry called to me. "Rayvan," turning to him he looked like a kicked puppy.

"I don't want to go up there." he said nodding to his room. I smiled and nodded. "Wait here." Going up to the boys' door I knocked. I was glad Ron answered, "Hey can I have a pair of Harry's sleepwear, he want's to spend the night on the couch." Ron nodded understanding the situation thankfully and came back five minutes later with fleece pants and a v-neck t-shirt. Taking them to Harry he changed while I went to my room for my clothing.

Coming back with blankets he was sitting in the same spot. Sitting with my legs tucked under me I set a pillow against my thighs and pulled his head into it, "Ray--" "Shh." I hissed before opening the blanket and throwing it over his body and pulling it up to his shoulders. "But--" "No, sleep. Shh." I said again cutting him off. Setting my hand on his head I started to twirl his hair between my fingers to calm him and myself. And the next thing I know he's out cold.