Best Foot Forward.

Third Person's point of view.

Harry sat, in the dining hall with Hermione and the others, eating and going over their notes from classes earlier that day, Harry had turned looking around the room as he sipped his drink when he saw Cho,

Her friend pointed out that he was looking at her and she smiled him returning the action squirted juice and they giggled at him but Cho told them to stop, "look at this! I can't believe it. She's doing it again." Hermione yelled a little slamming the newspaper down onto the table.

"'Ms. Granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to had developed a taste for famous wizards, her latest prey, sources report is none other than the Bulgarian Bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest Emotional blow.'"

Hermione read Harry chewed his food and didn't answer. Hermione turned the page finding something else she missed, "Oh no, she's verbally attacking Cedric and Rayvan too."

Harry nearly choked and Ron paled, all three knew what would happen if she saw this. "What's is say?" Ron asked curious to know, "'Rayvan Black, saviour or spotlight seeker? Finds herself on the front of every possible newspaper.'" Hermione reads and the two boys flinch. Both afraid to hear what else the paper has to say about their friend, as they hoped Hermione won't continue she does.

"Is she trying to show off or is it just because of her father, Escaped convict Sirius Black is a shadow she's trying to out shine." Then it gets worse she talks about how Rayvan wants to steal the attention from Cedric and how she's so young in a relationship with someone older and it even gets her age wrong."

Hermione said Harry frowned "how old did she put?" Hermione looked for the answer and her eyes popped "11." Harry hissed in shock and looked around hoping Rayvan wasn't there to hear it.

Relaxing when he didn't see her a boy came over to Ron, "parcel for you Mr. Weasley." Handing Ron the box he thanked him but the Boy started staring at Harry, "not now, Nigel, later." Nodding the boy ran off, Hermione and Harry looked at there friend, waiting for an answer, "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph."

Hermione sighed and Harry went back to eating while Ron exclaimed his mum sent him something. Opening it he pulled out something brown with autumn colours and barely. Noticeable moth holes.

Hermione looked at it and already knew what it was, but kept quiet for a more torturous ending. "Mum sent me a dress." Snickering Harry said "well it does match your eyes, does it come with a bonnet? A-ha!"

He exclaimed pulling out a shirt front with a bow on it, "noes down Harry." Walking over to Ginny he said, "Ginny, these must be for you." Giggling she shook her head, "I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly." Rayvan arriving to the hall came up behind Ron, "they're not for her, Ronald." Turning he frowned, "what do you mean?"

Hermione giggled, "they're for you." Once the words left her mouth student started giggling and laughing. "Dress robes." Rayvan added going over the letters she had gotten and asked Ginny to get for her. "Dress robes? For what?" Ron asked looked in between the two girls.

•••

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception, on Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity as representatives of the host school, I except each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward."

McGonagall says walking around the area where Filtch has a record player set up. "And I mean this literally, because the Yule ball is first and foremost a dance." Boys groaned in annoyance while girls giggled with excitement "silence!" McGonagall called and everyone calmed down. Somewhat.