Inheritance and the Will of Albus Dumbledore.

Third person's point of view.

Rayvan sat relaxing in the spare room at Severus' home. With the dark mark on her back, Rayvan was free to go where she pleased, so her staying with Severus wasn't an issue. What she had hoped was to see Draco. But from the letters she got from Narcissa, the Dark Lord has Draco helping. Weather it be with paper work or book searching. The only time he had away from the dark Lord,

Was when he was with Bellatrix learning Occlumency and Legilimency. Which she was glad for. While with Severus she healed from the near death experience she had with her clashing magicks. Her bed had been fluffed and cushioned by anything soft Severus could think of and in the bed curled up beside her was Snuffles the eagle she's had by her side since she was 12, the creature now reunited with her refused to leave.

While he did leave to eat when Kreacher came to feed him other than that he never left her and she loved it. Kreacher would stay with her as well, when Severus was out, she's turn the grumpy house-elf into a body pillow and would grumble about it but otherwise he humored her need for physical contact.

***

One evening, while sitting in the small lounge of Severus' home, a knock came to the door, "Kreacher, can you answer that please," Rayvan asked and the elf bowed and nodded, "Yes Mistress Black." With a pop of his fingers he was gone. After a few minutes, he returned and with him is the Barrister for the Black Family along with the new Minister of Magic.

"Lady Black," he said with a bow, "Minister Rufus Scrimgeour, hello," she greeted softly, while her family Barrister leaned down to her and kissed the back of her hand sweetly, "Raymond Barracus, how nice to see you." She greeted as her barrister backed up so that Rufus could move closer, "I'm not going to take up much of your time, Miss Black." Rufus said and Rayvan nodded.

"As you've probably heard, Albus Dumbledore is dead, but he left behind a few select objects to a select few students he favored." Rayvan nodded. "In regards to a few select items, I have asked your barrister to verify some things," she nodded again, "Which are?" She asked, "As it is known that your Mother was the last descendent of Godric Gryffindor, one forth of the school goes to his last living family member."

Raymond nodded, "Yes, Lady Black is indeed the last living member the school and anything on its grounds are hers, as is the sword as I've told you." Raymond said, "The school can be argued for, not the sword, it is a historical artifact that will remain with the ministry," Rufus said turning on Raymond, "I'm going to have to interrupt you there for a moment." she said getting to males' attention.

"The sword is a very powerful tool that has a mind of its own, no matter who it's with, much like a wand, the sword of Gryffindor appears to be almost sentient, responding to appeals for help by Gryffindor's chosen successors. Whenever a "true Gryffindor" needs it, the Sword will let itself be pulled out of another of Godric Gryffindor's artefacts - such as the Sorting Hat." She explained.

The two men watched her with slightly wide eyes, "it would be wrong of me not to know about my own family," she said and they nodded, "The sword will remain at Hogwarts and the School will stay under the care of the next Headmaster or Headmistress, I will openly accept care of the school when I graduate," both men nodded, "Is there anything else?" She asked,

"Yes, about the next Headmaster or Headmistress business, Dumbledore made you his successor," Rufus said, while Rayvan frowned, "Why? I haven't even graduated its impossible for me to lead a school when I haven't even finished school myself." Rufus shrugged, while Raymond looks just as confused. "I'm just as confused, but it was what he wrote."

"Thank you, Minister, I will think it over." Rufus nodded and bowed slightly before leaving, "I'll go over all the paperwork and owl you everything." Raymond said leaving with Rufus while Rayvan nodded.

***

Several hours passed and Rayvan couldn't sit still anymore and got up, she changed and washed up before dressing and apparating to Malfoy Manor. She'd ordered Kreacher to stay behind and look after Severus while she was away. Getting to the Manor as a group of Snatchers brought in three people, Rayvan recognized them. It wasn't hard with Hermione's fluffy brown hair nor Ron's fiery red locks.

But even with a disfigured face, Rayvan could see Harry under the limps and swollen cheeks and eyes. Not acknowledging them, would keep them alive longer, despite Ron and Hermione calling to her as she walked by them. Getting into the Manor she was greeted by a house elf who took her coat, and not a moment later Draco who had sprinted down the stairs and nearly collided with her.

His arms wrapped around her as his head nuzzled into her shoulder, she'd wrapped her arms around him as well and kissed the side of his head in greeting, when he finally pulled away, he captured her lips with his own and she was happy to return the gesture with as much love and affection, "things are going to get crazy so stay near your mum okay," she said softly and trusting her he nodded.

As she finished saying this, the Snatchers brought in the trio and Draco nearly flinched at the sight of them but Rayvan pulling him away his near exposure of the trio.